Parshas Vayakhel/Shekalim – February 25 – 26, 2022
Download the Shabbos Shorts [PDF]
Sign up to get the Shabbos Shorts emailed to you each week
Young Israel Shomrai Emunah – Shabbos Shorts
February 25 – 26, 2022 – 25 Adar I 5782 – Vayakhel/Shekalim/Mevorchim Hachodesh
Light Candles by 5:38 – Havdalah 6:38
The Shabbos Shorts is sponsored this week by Sandy & Melanie Karlin in commemoration of the 5th Yahrzeit of Sandy's father, Charles Robert Karlin, Betzalel Reuven Ben Rephael Shlomo, Z"L.
* Arline & Irving Katz on the birth of a great-granddaughter, and Sharona & Shlomo Katz on the birth of a granddaughter, Leeba Devora, born to Elky & Eliezer Katz of Yerushalayim.
* Mindy & Shmuel Tolchinsky on the Bar Mitzvah of their grandson, Mordechai, son of Sarah & Zvi Tolchinsky of Cleveland, OH. Mazal Tov to Mordy's siblings, to grandparents Miriam & Sheldon Feinstein, to great-grandparents Janet Rottenberg and Yehuda Tolchinsky, and to all of the aunts, uncles, and cousins.
* Mindy & Shmuel Tolchinsky on the birth of a grandson, Yosef, born to Tova & Doniel Weinstein of Passaic, NJ. Mazal Tov to Yosef's siblings, to grandparents Lee Weinstein and Steve Weinstein, to great-grandparents Janet Rottenberg and Yehuda Tolchinsky, and to all of the aunts, uncles, and cousins.
* Jonathan Bart on the passing of his aunt, Edna Bald, and Frieda Bart on the passing of her sister.
* Michael Blaustein on the passing of his mother, Renee Blaustein. The funeral will take place on Sunday at 11:00 AM at Mt. Lebanon cemetery, 9500 Riggs Rd, Adelphi, Maryland 20783. Shiva details will be sent via email when available.
Minyan locations are listed as B = Belonofsky Sanctuary, S = Social Hall. LBM = Large Beis Medrash, SBM = Small Beis Medrash
* Light Candles by 5:38
* Mincha: 5:40 (B), 5:30 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen Minyan, SBM)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:35 (B), 5:30 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends/Maariv: 6:38
* 8:45 Main Minyan Rabbi Rosenbaum
* 9:15 Rabbi Postelnek
* Shiur after Mincha Rabbi Postelnek
* Hashkamah Minyan Kiddush is sponsored by Barbara Price and Family to commemorate the 17th Yahrzeit of Stanley Billauer, on the 25th of Adar l.
* 8:45/9:15/Sephardic Minyan/Teen Minyan Kiddush is sponsored by:
* Sandy & Melanie Karlin in commemoration of the 5th Yahrzeit of Sandy's father, Charles Robert Karlin, Betzalel Reuven Ben Rephael Shlomo, Z"L
* Sandie Thurman in honor of the birthdays of Nancy Karkowsky, Chayie Chinn and Sandie Thurman, and in memory of her dear husband, Chanoch Ben Avraham HaKohen, Z"L, whose Yahrzeit is on the 27th of Adar 1 (February 27 at night – February 28)
* ProActive Lenders – Gabe Bensimon
Options for remote learning are listed below. For the latest list and times, go to: https://wp.yise.org/remote-learning-schedule/
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim followed by a 15-minute Shiur on the Parsha. Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM, Zoom A.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim, followed by a 15-minute Halacha Shiur. Sunday through Thursday, 7:30 PM, Zoom A, will not meet on Monday, February 28.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Mussar Study Group for Women (spiritualself-improvement), Sundays at 9:30 AM, Zoom A.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Gemara Shiur for Men, Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:00 AM, Zoom A, will not meet on Tuesday, March 1.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Nach Shiur, Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, now learning Mishlei, Zoom A.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Women's Navi Shiur, now learning Sefer Shmuel, Wednesdays at 8:00 PM, Zoom A.
* GWCK Sunday Kollel Brunch and Learn for Men – Sunday mornings, 9:30 AM, Zoom F.
* Rabbi Hillel Shaps – Unraveling the Navi: Melachim Aleph
* Rabbi Tuvia Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sundays at 10:00 AM, Zoom C.
* GWCK presents CLAS (Community Learning at Shomrai) – 8:15 PM – 9:15 PM. For more info., contact Rabbi Hillel Shaps, email@example.com 347-869-9361.
* For Men:
* Mondays: Rabbi Hillel Shaps – On the Same Page Gemara – in person (Social Hall) and on Zoom F.
* Wednesdays: Rabbi Yitzhak Grossman – Reading Responsa – Zoom D.
* Thursdays: Rabbi Avraham Sussman – Yesodei Hatorah Gemara Skills Building – Zoom H.
* For Women – Zoom I
* Mondays: Mrs. Sara Malka Winter – Parsha Journeys
* Tuesdays: Mrs. Sara Malka Winter – Sefer Bereishis
* SCP (Semichat Chaver Program) – Tuesdays at 8:45 PM. A new semester began on October 19. Join the fastest growing Halacha learning program in the world! Now back in person at YISE. Register at gwckollel.org/scp
* Rabbi Yehoshua Levy's Gemara Shiur, Masechet Chulin, Sunday through Friday, 6:35 AM – 7:20 AM, in the Franco Beit Midrash.
* The Golden Network Presents: Rabbi Barry Greengart's Shiurim for men & women, Mondays at 9:00 AM, studying Parashas Hashavua, Zoom B.
* Rabbi Yitzchak Scher's Shiur for Men and Women, Tuesdays, 1:30 PM, "A Second Look – Stories in the Torah from a Deeper Perspective", Zoom E.
* Rabbi Moshe Arzouan's Advanced Gemara Shiur for Men, learning Maseches Bava Kama 7th Perek Merubah. Wednesday evenings, 8:00 PM, Zoom G.
Connection Details: Go to https://zoom.us/join/ and enter the meeting ID, or call 301-715-8592 and enter the meeting ID & password:
Zoom A: ID: 416 963 9000, password 492019
Zoom B: ID: 970 1398 4837, password 613
Zoom C: ID: 978 8156 7874, password RabbiHyatt
Zoom D: ID: 746 455 2195, password Learn
Zoom E: ID: 713 7408 5130, password 045079
Zoom F: ID: 349 754 2180, password Learn
Zoom G: ID: 539 496 3506, password ygwarz
Zoom H: ID: 803 356 4156, password Learn
Zoom I: ID: 601 853 4021, password Winter
YISE Programs and Listings
Ruach Minyan – The next Kabbalos Shabbos Ruach Minyan will take place in the Social Hall this Shabbos, February 25. IY"H, our Baal Tefilah will be Eli Hochberg! Mincha is at 5:40 PM in the Belonofsky Sanctuary, and following Mincha, those who are interested in the Ruach Minyan will go to the Social Hall for Kabbalos Shabbos. Bring your family and invite your friends. It's going to be Gevaldic! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura – A weekly Chabura in the Nesivos Shalom on the Parsha. Delve into the deeper dimensions of the Parsha and Holidays by learning the Nesivos Shalom's weekly insights. Begins at 8:55 AM Shabbos mornings in the Social Hall. This week's Shiur will be given by Rabbi Postelnek.
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR Training – February 27, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM in the Social Hall. Registration for the class is full. Contact LKor@yise.org with questions. See flyer for details.
Seeing the Hand of Hashem…In Nature – A lecture series presented by the YISE Meaningful Tefilah Project. First lecture, "In Astronomy andPhysics," Sunday, February 27, 8:00 PM on Zoom. See flyer for details.
Ask the Rabbi: Honoring Your Father and Mother – Tuesday, March 1, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM on Zoom A. Send in your questions about positive Honoring Your Father and Mother to AskTheRabbi@yise.org by Sunday, February 27. For more information and to submit questions by phone or anonymously, contact Miriam Friedman at 301-754-1517 or email@example.com To sponsor the program, contact the YISE office.
Kashrus in the Kitchen – Learn the background and practical laws of Kashrus. Tuesdays, 8:15 PM – 9:00 PM, at the home of David & Tamara Goodman: 11611 Kemp Mill Road. Masks optional. Given by Rabbi Postelnek. For questions or to join the WhatsApp group, contact Rabbi Postelnek at 571-340-0227 or firstname.lastname@example.org Recordings available at https://wp.yise.org/kashrus-kitchen
Come Join Rabbi Koss's Monthly Jewish History class on Zoom! Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington and the YISE Chesed Committee: Rabbi Koss will be speaking on a topic in Jewish history, Monday, March 7, from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM on Zoom A. For more information, contact Miriam Friedman at email@example.com
Anti-Semitism and Hate Crimes – A briefing and interactive discussion with John McCarthy, Montgomery County State's Attorney, and Captain Stacey Flynn, Director, Community Engagement Division, MCPD. Sunday, March 13, 8:00 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 863 0551 8383, Passcode: 410077. Questions? Contact Yosefi Seltzer: Yoseltzer2@gmail.com See flyer for details.
Learn about Memory Loss – Please reserve Sunday, March 27, 11:00 AM, for a virtual panel discussion: Diagnosing, Treating, and Providing Care at Different Stages. Dr. Lynn Deutsch (geriatric psychiatrist); Mary Ann Buckley (care manager); Karen Miller (recreation activities specialist); a caregiver; and YISE's Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum. This is part of Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington's Healthy Communities Initiative.
Volunteers Are Needed Weekly to help with Kiddushes. If you can help, please contact Simi Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-593-4465 x403.
Helping Hands Across Kemp Mill is a part of YISE's Chesed Committee. The program helps members undergoing serious medical crises. Weare always looking for volunteers to help. To be a part of this program by helping with meals, visitation, shopping, childcare, etc., contact:Melanie Karlin, 301-681-4740, email@example.com or Miriam Friedman, 301-754-1517, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rachel Bassan Horwitz Fund is used for medical needs in our area, elsewhere in the US, and in Israel. In order to continue this muchneeded medical fund, your financial help is needed! Tax-deductible contributions may be made payable to: YISE Charity SPECIAL Fund, c/o Norma Burdett, 11720 Lovejoy St., Silver Spring, MD 20902. Earmark: Bassan Fund. For more info: Norma Burdett, 301-593-5964 or Pearl Bassan, 301-649-3137.
Shiurim from Rabbi Gedaliah Anemer, ZT"L, are available at http://audio.yise.org
* The YISE Board has mandated that everyone 16 and older who is medically eligible for an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to enter the Shul building.
* Masks are now optional for adults and children.
* There are no social distancing requirements in the YISE building.
* The Shul office is still open, but hours may vary.
Let us Daven to Hashem to keep all of us in good health and to return our lives to normal as soon as possible. In protecting each other as we navigate this unfolding situation, may we grow stronger as individuals and as a community.
Dvar Torah Dedications/Sponsor a Shiur
During this difficult time, we pray to Hashem that the day that we can all come together again in Tefillah and Torah study in good health arrives speedily. Until that point, YISE continues to offer a number of different remote learning options. These options are now available for sponsorship on an individual Shiur or a daily basis.
Sponsoring a Shiur or other Torah learning is a meaningful way to commemorate a Yahrzeit or honor a loved one. Sponsorships are also a great way to celebrate a Simcha or any other milestone, while helping YISE at a time when many of the Shul's other sources of revenue are not available.
1. The following individual Shiurim are available for sponsorship at $18 (per day):
* Daily Morning (Monday through Friday) Tehillim and Parsha Shiur
* Daily Evening (Sunday through Thursday) Tehillim and Halacha Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Sunday Morning Mussar Study Group for Women
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tuesday or Friday Morning Gemara Shiur for Men
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Morning Nach Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Night Navi Shiur for Women
* Rabbi Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sunday Morning
2. Sponsorship of the Morning and Evening Tehillim and Parsha/Halacha Shiurim together is available for $25.
3. The 8:45 and 9:15 Shabbos Drashas are both available for sponsorship at $54 each.
Please email email@example.com to sponsor. Thank you for your support.
Thank you to the Shiurim Sponsors for this Past Week:
Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur
* Marilyn & Jonathan Fine in honor of the upcoming Yahrzeits of Jonathan's father, Peretz Ben Aryeh Laib, and Marilyn's father, Benjamin Ben Chaim Zalman.
* David Jaray in honor of a Refuah Sheleimah to Rabbi Hyatt and in honor of Rabbi Grauman and all those who attend his Shiur.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tehillim/Parsha/Halacha Shiur
* Rochelle Dimont & Family in memory of Chayim Dimont, Chayim Ben HaRav Avraham Mordechai, Z"L.
* Susan & Rabbi Saul Koss to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Yahrzeit of Rabbi Koss's mother, Rivkah Rachel Bas Yecheskael, Z"L.
* Debi & Max Rudmann in memory of Max's grandfather, Menachem Hanina Ben Moshe, Z"L, on the occasion of his Yahrzeit.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Gemara Shiur
* Marilyn & Jonathan Fine in honor of the upcoming Yahrzeits of Jonathan's father, Peretz Ben Aryeh Laib, and Marilyn's father, Benjamin Ben Chaim Zalman.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Nach Shiur
* Marv Konick in memory of his grandfather, Yehoshua Konick, Yehoshua Ben Yehudah Leib, Z"L, whose Yahrzeit is on the 19th of Adar I.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Navi Shiur
* Debbie Rogal in memory of Rabbi Howard Alpert, Rav Tzvi Lipa Ben Hillel, Z"L, who ignited my love of learning Torah, on the occasion of his Shloshim.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Shabbos Morning Drasha
* The Gimbel Family L'ilui Nishmas Yonah's grandparents, Yehuda Ben Chaim and Baila Yenta Bas Yitzchak Isaac.
YISE Youth Announcements
Shabbos Groups this Shabbos, February 26, from 10:00 AM until Shul ends. Age 18-36 months (Mommy & me) in the toddler room off the Lower Lobby. Ages 2-5 years (drop off) in the room behind the balcony. Ages 6-9 years will meet at Shomrai and walk over to the Yeshiva. For more information, contact Talya Miller, YISE Youth groups coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dor L'Dor – The Family Chevrusah-style Learning in a fun environment! The last session for this year will take place this Motzei Shabbos, February 26, 7:45 PM in the Social Hall. This Dor L'Dor is sponsored by the Shmunis family in honor of all of the Dor L'Dor participants. See flyer for details.
The Science of Techeles – Sunday, March 6, 1:30 PM, in the Social Hall. A live science experiment with Chanokh Berenson. See flyer for details.
Purim – YISE and Beyond
Get Ready for Purim with a 2-Part Mini Series by Rabbi Postelnek on Zoom A:
* Hashem's Love Letter – A timeless message to His tired nation in exile – Sunday, March 6, 8:15 PM
* The Fragrance of Purim – How our sense of smell and the Ketores relate to Purim – Monday, March 14, 8:15 PM
Pre-Purim Celebration – Sunday, March 13, 11:00 AM, in the Social Hall. Exciting Mega Magic Show with Crickett the Entertainer! Come in Costume for a special Costume Parade. Ages 2-11, accompanied by an adult. Stay Tuned for even MORE exciting Purim FUN with YISE YOUTH! Sponsorships Available: $36, $50, $100, $360 – Please contact email@example.com to sponsor at any level. See flyer for details.
21st Annual Purim Yahrzeit Shiur in memory of Jane Axelrod (Raizel Bas Simcha) – Thursday, March 17. Can join via Zoom at 9:50 AM for Shiur at 10:00 AM SHARP! Meeting ID: 684 682 8415, Passcode: 613613. Direct link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6846828415 The shiur will end no later than 10:30.
Purim Food Drive – Please donate Purim foods to the Capital Kosher Pantry. All items should be factory sealed, well within the use-by date, and certified kosher. Suggested items include flour, sugar, oil, Pareve chocolate, canned fillings, vanilla, yeast, individual sized snack bags and juice boxes. Drop off at Shalom Kosher Market, Moti's Market, KMS, YISE and the Capital Kosher Pantry, 1910 University Blvd. West.
Purim is coming and AMIT is selling beautiful Purim Cards at $3 each or 10 for $25, Please call Esther Edeson at 301-593-1468 or 301-593- 4465 ext. 402 to order.
The Franco Foundation Matanot L'Evyonim – The Franco Foundation helps Jewish individuals and families in our neighborhoods meet basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter. The need has soared because of COVID-19. Your entire donation for Matanot L'Evyonim goes directly to financial assistance for our local Jewish communities and will be distributed on Purim. Send your generous tax-deductible contributions (earmarked Purim) to: The Franco Foundation, c/o Allan Franco, 613 Bromley Street Silver Spring, MD 20902, or donate through Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org You can email Allan at the same address if you know of individuals or families that need assistance. Thank you for your support.
Yad Yehuda of Greater Washington Matanot L'Evyonim – Donations are being collected between now and Purim. 100% of the money collected will be distributed as Matanot L'Evyonim to local individuals and families in serious financial distress in the Greater Washington area. To donate, please visit https://yadyehuda.org/matonot-levyonim Yad Yehuda is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Tizku L'mitzvot and a Freilichen Purim!
Send and Receive Mishloach Manot greetings and packages to your friends and neighbors throughout the area through Berman Hebrew Academy's Happy Purim program. For only $2.75 per name, you can share Purim greetings with up to anyone on our 2,000 family list. If you wish to be added to the database to allow others to send to you, and also to receive your personalized login code, please email email@example.com
Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary!
Looking for a way to celebrate someone's upcoming birthday or anniversary? For an $18 donation, you can include the name (birthday) or names (anniversary) in this section of the Shabbos Shorts. Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: Sponsor name, birthday or anniversary date, name (birthday) or names (anniversary). The birthday or anniversary will be listed in the Shabbos Shorts based on the date of the event.
Community Programs & Listings
The Capital Closet (formerly The Clothing Exchange) will be open to this community this Sunday, February 27, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Come peruse our beautiful, curated selection of clothing for men, women and children. Our address is 1910 University Blvd., West in Silver Spring. We're in the brick house at the back of the parking lot. *Masks are required in The Capital Closet. There is no charge for items in The Capital Closet, but donations to Yad Yehuda are always appreciated. For more information contact: email@example.com
The Men's Chevra Kadisha is comprised of volunteers with representation from all the Orthodox communities in Maryland and DC. In a typical year, we perform over 185 Taharot for Jewish families requesting one under the Halachic guidance of the Vaad of Greater Washington. With special pandemic protocols in place, we have provided this Chesed without a break in service, in spite of losing a number of volunteers to age, Aliyah, and at-risk volunteer health situations. Consequently, we need your help. Additional volunteers are needed to replenish the ranks of our team so that we can continue to provide effective Taharot to the DC, Maryland, and Virginia communities. To join the Men's Chevra please contact us at: www.chevrakadishagw.org and select the "Join the Chevra Kadisha" option or call 301-908-2645.
Hidden Miracle: Behind the Scenes in the Book of Esther – New LINKS series with Rabbi Hillel Shaps, Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM, January 19 – March 9 on Zoom F. Register at https://linksgw.org/classes
Kemp Mill Toastmasters – Wednesday, March 1, 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM. See what Toastmasters is all about and find out how you can become a more confident communicator. Contact Manasseh Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Zoom meeting ID: 986 546 841, password: 3671
YGW Girls Division Annual Production for Women & Girls – "The Way Back" – An Original Play. Two in-person showings at Berman Hebrew Academy, 13300 Arctic Avenue, Rockville, MD. Sunday, March 6, 1:00 PM and Monday, March 7, 7:00 PM. Doors open 30 minutes before showing. Tickets available online and at the door. To purchase tickets or place an ad, go to www.yeshiva.edu Streaming Option Available after the performances. Playbill Ads due Monday, February 28. For more information, contact YGWproduction@yeshiva.edu Linda Silverman Kahan 10th Yahrzeit Memorial Lecture and Brunch – Featuring Guest Speaker Eliot Cohen, Starting with Shylock: How Shakespeare Teaches Empathy. Sunday, March 27, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM. For more information and to register, visit https://www.sulam.org/lkm22
Women's Online Shiur with Rabbi Yehoshua Levy- Free 1-hour shiur on Zoom on the first and third Sundays of each month at 8:00 PM (NEW TIME). Topic: Eishet Hayil, with principles from Mesilat Yesharim and weekly Sidra. In English. All levels of ability are welcome. You needn't attend every Shiur, but RSVPs are requested. Contact Shiur Coordinator at email@example.com for details.
YGW Kollel Zichron Amram Machshava – Probing Jewish Thought Through the Works of Rav Yitzchak Hutner, ZT"L, with Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold, Rosh Kollel, Sundays at 8:00 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 825 0731 6850, Passcode: 1216613. For more information, contact Rabbi Moshe Chaim Blate at 404-273-3392.
Dirshu- Please join Dirshu as it began Bava Metzia on December 20. Shiur options at YGW: Monday – Friday, 5:45 AM (R. Reingold) or Monday – Thursday, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (R. Cortell/R. Werner). About 2.5 Daf covered each week.
Parsha Explorations with Rabbi Yitzhak Grossman – Presented by the Greater Washington Community Kollel and Kemp Mill Synagogue, Sunday evenings, 7:30 PM at KMS and on Zoom, Meeting ID: 655 813 1022, Passcode: 365636. For men and women.
TGN Program: Siddur Class – In-Depth Analysis of the Birkat Hamazon with Mrs. Esther Dziadek, Wednesday mornings, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, on Zoom B. For more information call 301-732-1773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help our Senior Neighbors – What if you had to give up your car keys and depend on someone else to get you where you needed to go? This is happening to more and more of our senior neighbors. Consider volunteering with the Senior Connection to drive seniors to medical appointments, shopping, etc. Training and liability coverage are provided, and you can set your own volunteering schedule. COVID-19 precautions are followed for the health of drivers and riders. Contact email@example.com, call 301-962-0820 or visit www.seniorconnectionmc.org for more info.
Newly married? Growing family? Just need a budget check-up? IZUN is a community resource that provides free and confidential coaching to help you examine your budget and achieve financial stability. Go to https://getizun.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daf Yomi Shiur currently meets online weekdays via a WebEx video conference. There is still room for a few more participants. Anyone interested may email Judd Lifschitz at email@example.com to be added to the invite list. Sunday 8:30 AM, Monday – Thursday 9:00 PM. Shabbos in-person at 7:30 AM in the YISE Social Hall.
Daily Halacha Program from Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold – Receive one every day in your inbox. Visit dvarhalacha.com and click "Sign Up."
Silver Spring Gemachim – For a complete list: www.gemachexchange.com
The Week Ahead
Thursday, March 3 – Rosh Chodesh
Friday, March 4 -Rosh Chodesh
Halachic Times: Latest Alos Hashachar 5:24 AM, Earliest Talis and Tefilin: 5:51 AM, Latest Netz: 6:44 AM, Latest Krias Shema: 9:27 AM, Earliest Mincha: 12:52 PM, Earliest Shkia: 5:58 PM, Latest Tzeis Hacochavim: 6:45 PM
March 4 – 5, 2022 – 2 Adar II 5782
* Light Candles by 5:45
* Mincha: 5:45 (B), 5:35 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:40 (B), 5:35 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends/Maariv: 6:45
Next Shabbos Shorts Deadline: Wednesday, March 2 at 12 Noon
Submit items for the Shabbos Shorts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 301-593-4465 Office Fax: 301-593-2330
Eruv line: 301-593-5561 E-Mail: email@example.com
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum Yale Ginsburg – President
Rabbi Yosef Postelnek – Asst. Rabbi Simi Franco – Office Manager