Young Israel Shomrai Emunah -ShabbosGadols
March 31 – April 1, 2023 – 10 Nissan 5783 – Parshas Tzav/Shabbos Hagadol
Light Candles by 7:12 – Havdalah 8:12
The Shabbos Shorts is sponsored by Laurie Bassan Cohen & Stuart Cohen in honor of Dr. Ken Jacobson receiving the E.B. Hershberg Award for Important Discoveries in Medicinally Active Substances from the American Chemical Society
and by Nechama & Ted and Eli Goodman, who are grateful for the Zechut of living in Eretz Hakodesh and remain grateful to Rabbi Dovid & Rebbetzin Atara Rosenbaum and the YISE community for their Gemilut Chassadim and Oskim B'Tzarchay Tzibur over the many years they were part of the community, 2007 – June 2021, and even earlier when their Bechor attended the Yeshiva as an out-of-towner, 1996 – 2000. Regrettably, they didn't get to say a proper Shalom to many people. They hope to see everyone again in Israel soon. Leshanah Hazeh B'Yerushalayim Habenuyah!
* Leora & Aaron Kor on the birth of a son, Moshe Aryeh. Mazal Tov to big siblings, Ezra and Atara.
* Dr. Ken Jacobson on receiving The E. B. Hershberg Award for Important Discoveries in Medicinally Active Substances from the American Chemical Society.
* Lea & Paul Lieberman on the marriage of their grandson Daniel Brandsdorfer to Erica Marsel, daughter of Dr. & Mrs. Scott Marsel, in Orlando, FL on March 23, Rosh Chodesh Nissan. Mazal Tov to Danny's parents, Rochelle Lieberman and Mark Brandsdorfer and to Danny's siblings Julia and Jessica Brandsdorfer.
* Ruthie & David Rider on the birth of twin grandchildren, a boy and a girl, to their children Yudi & Rachel Benamou, and to their big brother, Yaakov Meir. Mazal Tov to the Benamou, Laury & Rider Families, and especially to the great-grandparents. The Shalom Zachor will take place on Friday night at the home of Adina & Binyamin Turoff, 915 Lamberton Drive, from 8:45 PM – 9:45 PM.
* David Hornestay on the passing of his brother, Moyshe Hornestay.
Minyan locations are B = Belonofsky Sanctuary, S = Social Hall, LBM = Large Beis Medrash, SBM = Small Beis Medrash, H = The House
* Light Candles by 7:12, and not before 6:11
* Mincha: 5:55 (Plag, B), 7:15 (B), 7:05 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen, H)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:00 (B), 6:45 (B), 6:40 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends: 8:12
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur Rabbi Roy Rosenbaum
* Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura Rabbi Postelnek
* Shabbos Hagadol Drasha 7:10 PM Rabbi Rosenbaum
* The Hashkamah Minyan Kiddush is sponsored by the Hashkamah Kiddush Group.
* The Shul Kiddush is sponsored by Rachel & Yudi Benamou and Ruthie & David Rider, in honor of the naming of their new daughter and granddaughter, and in commemoration of the Yahrzeit of their mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, Bernice Kestenbaum, Bracha Bat Chaim, Z"L.
YISE Youth Announcements
Teen Minyan – The Teen Minyan, led by Rabbi Moshe Holzer, meets at 9:15 AM every Shabbos in The House next to the Shul. Kiddush is served after Davening. The Teen Minyan will NOT meet over Pesach.
Shabbos Groups this Shabbos, April 1, from 10:00 AM until Shul ends. Age 18-36 months (Mommy & me) in the toddler room off the Lower Lobby. Ages 2-5 years (drop off) in the room behind the balcony. Ages 6-9 years will meet at Shomrai and walk to the Yeshiva. For more information, contact Debbie Katz at email@example.com
Shabbos Group for 5th and 6th Grade Girls will meet inside The House promptly at 10:00 AM.
Junior Congregation for boys in grades 4 – 6 with Jay Marcus. Meet in the Lower Lobby at 9:55 and walk to the Yeshiva at 10:00.
Post-Pesach Pizza – Support YISE Youth and get a chance to eat the first and second pizzas from Ben Yehuda Pizza after Pesach. 2 pies, 2 winners! $10 for 1 chance to win, $ 18 for 2 chances to win. To participate, go to https://wp.yise.org/donate and put "Pizza" in the description. Deadline April 2. See flyer for details.
Bedikas Chametz – YISE Youth wants your help at the Shul (and you can bring your Zeide, too!). Meet in the upstairs lobby on Tuesday, April 4, at 9:00 PM. All YISE Youth are invited to help, but boys and girls beneath the age of Bar/Bas Mitzvah must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling. We will disperse through the shul to look for chametz with flashlights and paper bags. We will search the pews; youth rooms; toddler room; Beis Medrash; and coatroom. Be bold and help us search The House, too! For more information, please contact Josh Seidemann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pesach Storytime with Bracha Goetz – YISE Youth and The Goetz Bookshop & Publishing House invite the Silver Spring community to a FREE Chol Hamoed Pesach Storytime with Bracha Goetz! Experience an inspiring presentation from the author of 41 Jewish children's books – now here from Israel! The whole family can enjoy hearing Bracha Goetz read one of her newest releases – with a Q & A for all ages! Plus Arts & Crafts activities for children too! The Bracha Goetz book collection will be available for purchase. And there's even a special grandparent discount for books purchased at the program. Mark your calendars so we can welcome you from 11:30 AM- 12:30 PM on Sunday, April 9, 2nd day of Chol Hamoed, at YISE. See flyer for details.
Boys Shiur – Rabbi Rosenbaum will resume his Shabbos afternoon shiur for 5th and 6th grade boys at 5:30 PM in the Social Hall, beginning April 22. Bring your best questions! See flyer for details.
Yahrzeit of Rav Anemer
We will be commemorating the 13th Yahrzeit of Harav Anemer, ZT"L, with a Shalosh Seudos on his Yahrzeit, 1 Iyar, April 22. If you would like to sponsor, please contact Simi Franco at email@example.com or 301-593-4465, ext. 103.
Thank you to the Shiurim Sponsors for this Past Week:
Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur
* David Jaray in honor of Rabbi Grossman and all those who attend his Shiur.
* Esther & David Hornestay in memory of David's brother, Matthew Hornestay, Moyshe Mordechai Ben Avraham Aryeh Hakohen, Z"L.
Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur
* David Jaray in memory of Rabbi Hyatt, Z"L, and in honor of Rabbi Grauman and all those who attend his Shiur and in memory of parents, Avraham Ben Tzvi HaLevi & Ada Bas Menachem Aryeh, Z"L, and Rabbi Hillel & Mrs. Myrna Klavan, Z"L.
* Esther & David Hornestay in memory of David's mother, Hinda Rivka Bas Chaim, Z"L, whose Yahrzeit is the 4th of Nisan.
Shabbos Hagadol Drasha
* Debi & Max Rudmann to commemorate the upcoming Yahrzeit of Debi's mother, Bubby Irma Charles, Chaya Rivka Bas Leibel, and Debi's brother, Moshe Baruch Ben Zev HaCohen, and the first Yahrzeit of Nissy Moskowitz's mother, Frida Moskowitz, Frida Bas Yitzchok, Z"L.
* Ruthie & David Rider in memory of Ruthie's mother, Bernice Kestenbaum, Bracha Bat Chayim, Z"L, on her Yahrzeit,10 Nissan.
Dvar Torah Dedications/Sponsor a Shiur
YISE continues to offer a number of different in-person and virtual learning options. These options are now available for sponsorship on an individual Shiur or a daily basis.
Sponsoring a Shiur or other Torah learning is a meaningful way to commemorate a Yahrzeit or honor a loved one. Sponsorships are also a great way to celebrate a Simcha or any other milestone, while helping YISE.
1. The following individual Shiurim are available for sponsorship at $18 (per day):
* Daily Morning (Monday through Friday) Tehillim and Parsha Shiur
* Daily Evening (Sunday through Thursday) Tehillim and Halacha Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Sunday Morning Mussar Study Group for Women
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tuesday or Friday Morning Gemara Shiur for Men
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Morning Nach Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Night Navi Shiur for Women
* Rabbi Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sunday Morning
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur, Shabbos Morning
2. Sponsorship of the Morning and Evening Tehillim and Parsha/Halacha Shiurim together is available for $25.
3. The 8:45 and 9:15 Shabbos Drashas are both available for sponsorship at $54 each.
4. Yom Tov Drashas are available for sponsorship of $72 each.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor. Thank you for your support.
Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary!
Looking for a way to celebrate someone's upcoming birthday or anniversary? For an $18 donation, you can include the name (birthday) or names (anniversary) in this section of the Shabbos Shorts. Please send the following information to email@example.com: Sponsor name, birthday or anniversary date, name (birthday) or names (anniversary). The birthday or anniversary will be listed in the Shabbos Shorts based on the date of the event.
Options for in-person and remote learning are listed below. For the latest list and times, go to: https://wp.yise.org/remote-learning-schedule/
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Mussar Study Group for Women (spiritual self-improvement), Sundays at 9:30 AM, Zoom A, will resume on Sunday, April 16.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim, followed by a 15-minute Halacha Shiur. Sunday through Thursday, 6:30 PM, Zoom A, will not take place on Wednesday, April 5, or Thursday, April 6.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim followed by a 15-minute Shiur on the Parsha. Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM, Zoom A, will not take place on Wednesday, April 5 through Friday, April 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Gemara Shiur for Men, Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:00 AM, Zoom A, will not take place on Friday, April 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Nach Shiur, Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, now learning Mishlei, Zoom A, will resume on Wednesday, April 19.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Women's Navi Shiur, now learning Sefer Shmuel, Wednesdays at 8:00 PM, Zoom A, will resume on Wednesday, April 19.
* GWCK Sunday Kollel Brunch and Learn for Men – Sunday mornings, 9:30 AM breakfast, 9:45 AM, will resume on Sunday, April 23.
* Rabbi Tuvia Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sundays at 10:00 AM, Zoom C.
* GWCK presents CLAS (Community Learning at Shomrai) – 8:15 PM – 9:15 PM, will resume on Monday, April 17. For more info., contact Rabbi Hillel Shaps, firstname.lastname@example.org 347-869-9361.
* SCP (Semichas Chaver Program) – Tuesdays at 8:45 PM at YISE. Join the fastest growing Halacha learning program in the world! Register online at https://thegreaterwashingtoncommunitykollel.com/scp New Semester begins Tuesday, May 2. See flyer for details.
* Rabbi Yehoshua Levy's Gemara Shiur, Masechet Chulin, Sunday through Friday, 6:35 AM – 7:22 AM, in the Franco Beit Midrash.
* Chavrusa Learning – Monday nights in the Social Hall, 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM. For more information, contact Rabbi Levy at 240-423-8810, will resume after Pesach.
* The Golden Network Presents: Rabbi Barry Greengart's Shiurim for men & women, Mondays at 8:45 AM, studying Parashas Hashavua, Zoom B, will resume on Monday, April 17.
* Rabbi Yitzchak Scher's Shiur for Men and Women, Tuesdays, 1:30 PM, "A Second Look – Stories in the Torah from a Deeper Perspective", in-person in the Small Beis Medrash and on Zoom G, will resume on Tuesday, April 18.
* Rabbi Moshe Arzouan's Advanced Gemara Shiur for Men, learning Maseches Bava Metzia, Daf 3a. Wednesday evenings at 8:00 PM on Zoom H, will resume on Wednesday, April 19.
Connection Details: Go to https://zoom.us/join/ and enter the meeting ID, or call 301-715-8592 or 929-205-6099 and enter the meeting ID & password:
Zoom A: ID: 416 963 9000, password 492019
Zoom B: ID: 970 1398 4837, password 613
Zoom C: ID: 833 3477 1595, password RabbiHyatt
Zoom D: ID: 601 853 4021, passcode Winter (phone 667362)
Zoom E: ID: 746 455 2195, password Learn
Zoom F: ID: 803 356 4156, password Learn
Zoom G: ID: 713 7408 5130, password 045079
Zoom H: ID: 849 3898 4989, passcode 161699
YISE Programs and Listings
Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura – A weekly Chabura on the Parsha. Delve into the deeper dimensions of the Parsha and Holidays by learning the Kedushas Levi's weekly insights. Begins at 8:55 AM Shabbos morning. This week's Shiur will be led by Rabbi Postelnek.
Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur – Following the Hashkamah Minyan, learning Maseches Sanhedrin, in the Small Beis Medrash. This week's Shiur will be led by Rabbi Roy Rosenbaum.
New Shabbos Shiur – Rabbi Rosenbaum gives a text-based Parsha shiur 45 minutes before the last Mincha in the Belonofsky Sanctuary. The Shiur will resume on Shabbos, April 15.
Good Deeds Day Park Cleanup was a success, with 57 people helping, including many from YISE.
Nominations Open – The YISE Nominating Committee has been appointed and will be accepting nominations for both officers and trustees for the election in May. Contact email@example.com with your nominations/self-nominations.
Yom HaShoah v'Hagvurah Program – Featuring Rachel (Rae) Goldfarb. Sunday, April 16, 7:30 PM on Zoom A. Mincha 6:30 PM and Maariv 9:30 PM at YISE. See flyer for details.
Shalosh Seudos – To sponsor, contact Simi Franco at 301-593-4465, ext. 103, or firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers are needed to set up and clean up. Contact Ethan Cohen at email@example.com to be part of the rotation.
Online YISE Cholim List – Go to https://wp.yise.org/cholim to add a name to the list. The list is used at the 8:45 Minyan on Monday, Thursday, and Shabbos. For questions about Mi Sheberach guidelines, contact Rabbi Rosenbaum. For other questions, contact Seth Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Hands Across Kemp Mill, a part of YISE's Chesed Committee, provides assistance to families undergoing medical crises. There is a current need for 2 people in the community for meals on Pesach starting Thursday, April 6, through Saturday, April 8. Please sign in to your Helping Hands account to volunteer. If you do not have a Helping Hands account, or if you have any questions, please contact: Melanie Karlin, 301-681-4740, email@example.com or Miriam Friedman, 301-754-1517, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shiurim from Rabbi Gedaliah Anemer, ZT"L, are available at https://audio.yise.org
Mechiras Chametz – Rabbi Rosenbaum will be available at the following times this week to arrange the sale of Chametz:
* Sunday, April 2, after 7:30 and 8:45 Shacharis (B)
* Monday, April 3, 8:30 PM – 9:15 PM (SH)
* Wednesday, April 5, after each of the Siyumim at the Ashkenazi Minyanim
If these times are not convenient for you, please feel free to contact Rabbi Rosenbaum at 301-593-4465 ext. 105 to make other arrangements.
Talis Box Cleanup Time – Please remove any Chametz from your Talis box before Pesach.
Call for Pesach Hosts and Guests – Do you have an extra seat at your Seder? Or are you looking for a host? Pesach can be a challenging time of the year for many folks who may be single, have out-of-town family, etc. The YISE Hospitality Committee helps match these guests with hosts. Contact email@example.com if you are able to host a meal, provide a bed, or both, or if you are a guest in need of a host.
Chametz Dumpster will be available at YISE from Monday, April 3, in the afternoon, through Wednesday, April 5, at 6:45 AM. Do NOT put anything in the Dumpster other than Chametz items. Please separate your non-Chametz trash and save it for your regular county trash pickup. Please do not put any trash or recyclables in the small containers in the rear of the driveway. The Dumpster is sponsored by KMS, Ohr Hatorah, YISE and Chabad of Silver Spring.
Erev Pesach Siyumim are sponsored by Devorah Shechter and family in commemoration of the 11th Yahrzeit of her father, Emanuel Yitzchak Ben Chaim HaLevi Z"L on the 14th of Nissan. May his Neshama have an Aliyah.
Chametz Burning at KMS on Wednesday, April 5, Erev Pesach, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. See flyer for details.
Neilas Hachag – Join us between Mincha and Maariv on Thursday, April 13, in the Social Hall for Divrei Torah, singing, and shmoozing with friends as we experience the closing moments of Pesach.
Complete Schedule will be in the Pesach Shorts next week.
Erev Pesach – Wednesday – April 5
Shacharis 6:15 AM/6:40 AM/8:45 AM
Shacharis – Sephardi 7:30 AM
Each Ashkenazi minyan will be followed by a Siyum.
Finish eating chometz by 10:36 AM
Recite Kol Chamira by 11:53 AM
Light Candles 7:17 PM
Mincha/Maariv – Sephardi 7:15 PM
Mincha/Maariv 7:20 PM
Seder starts after 8:17 PM
Remember to make an Eruv Tavshilin.
Yom Tov – Thursday – April 6
Hashkamah 7:00 AM
Sephardi 8:30 AM
Main Minyan 8:45 AM
9:15 Minyan 9:15 AM
Mincha/Maariv – Sephardi 7:15 PM
Mincha/Maariv 7:20 PM
Light Candles after 8:18 PM
On the second night of Yom Tov, items may not be brought from home somewhere else, nor may any other acts of preparations be made for the second night before the posted candle lighting time.
Yom Tov – Friday – April 7
Hashkamah 7:00 AM
Sephardi 8:30 AM
Main Minyan 8:45 AM
9:15 Minyan 9:15 AM
Early Mincha 6:05 PM
Earliest Candle Lighting 6:16 PM
Light Candles 7:19 PM
Mincha/Maariv – Sephardi 7:15 PM
Mincha/Maariv 7:20 PM
Shabbos Chol Hamoed – April 8
Hashkamah 6:45 AM
Sephardi 8:00 AM
Main Minyan 8:45 AM
9:15 Minyan 9:15 AM
Early Mincha 1 2:30 PM
Early Mincha 2 5:00 PM
Mincha/Maariv – Sephardi 7:10 PM
Mincha/Maariv 7:15 PM
Shabbos Ends 8:20 PM
Community Programs & Listings
Kidney Donation Needed – Mr. Gerry Segelman, father of Micah Segelman, is in need of a kidney transplant. If you would consider being a kidney donor, please contact Rabbi Chaim Steinmetza at Renewal for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-431-9831 ext 209.
Torah Tournament for Women Join fellow women from across Kemp Mill on Sunday, June 11, for a one-night, all-out Torah Tournament featuring friendly competition, engaging challenges, prizes, and fun for all! Sunday, April 23, is the LAST CALL to form a team to learn assigned Torah text and compete against other teams for the title of Tournament Champion! Non-competitors are encouraged to join the Tournament as live audience. Go to: https://forms.gle/L1HokQjN14VzWR3V8 to sign up.
Rays of Wisdom – Life Lessons From Pirkei Avos – Greater Washington Community Kollel invites women of the community to a weekday morning text-based Chaburah led by Mrs. Channah Cohen. Mondays at 9:30 AM in Kemp Mill. To be added to a list for information and weekly location, email email@example.com or call 773-219-5397.
The Franco Foundation Maos Chittim – This year will you be ready to say: "Let all who are hungry come and eat"? Before Pesach it is customary to collect Maos Chittim (literally money for wheat) to distribute to the needy to purchase necessities for the festival. The Franco Foundation can help you fulfill the mitzvah of Maos Chittim. The Foundation helps our brethren in the Washington area with the essentials of food, clothing, and shelter. Please help by sending your tax-deductible contribution, earmarked Maos Chittim, to: Franco Foundation, c/o Allan Franco, 613 Bromley Street, Silver Spring, MD 20902, or make donations through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or at this link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=XGR4MC99NG2RW or you can email Allan at email@example.com if you know of individuals or families that need assistance.
"Let all who are hungry come and eat" – Partner with Yad Yehuda to ensure that our friends and neighbors in need have sufficient food for Pesach! Contribute NOW to Yad Yehuda's Ma'ot Chittim Fund to support our community members before Pesach. 100% of the money collected will be distributed to local individuals and families in need. Donate online at www.yadyehuda.org or mail checks to: Yad Yehuda of Greater Washington, 812 Hyde Court, Silver Spring, MD 20902.
Please help our community complete these Siyumim:
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Noah Roitman, Noach Ben Shalom Yaakov, January 4, 23 Tevet -https://www.lzechernishmas.com/signup.php?id=11081
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Natalie Gabai, Nechama Naomi Bat Leib, December 21, 9 Tevet – https://www.lzechernishmas.com/signup.php?id=11044
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Jerry Snyder, Yehoshua Ben Binyamin, December 21, 9 Tevet – https://hadranalach.com/2612
* Tanach for the 1st Yahrzeit of Marion Baras, Miriam Bas Menachem, January 1, 20 Tevet – http://hadranalach.com/2626
Kemp Mill Toastmasters – Wednesday, April 19, 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM. See what Toastmasters is all about and find out how you can become a more confident communicator. Contact Manasseh Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Zoom meeting ID: 986 546 841, password: 3671
Sulam Gala – Save the date! Sulam is celebrating 25 years of inclusion honoring Denny and Debra Berman and Sharon Freundel. Monday, May 22 at the Rockville Hilton.
Alshich on the Parsha with Rabbi Levy – Shabbat afternoon between Mincha and Maariv in the Franco Beit Midrash.
Zoom Shiurim with Rabbi Levy – Monday through Friday on Zoom, Meeting ID: 636 563 5989. Alshich – 9:20 AM – 10:15 AM. Gemara Ribit 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM. Hilchot Lashon Hara 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM.
In G-d We Trust – Exploring the relationship and balance between Relying on G-d/Bitachon & Human Endeavor/Hishtadlus, based on the teachings of 11th century scholar, Rabbeinu Bachya's Treatise on Trust – Shaar Habitachon. Wednesdays, 12:15 PM – 1:00 PM on Zoom, Presented by Rabbi Hillel Shaps. To register, visit https://linksgw.org/classes
YGW Kollel Zichron Amram Machshava – Probing Jewish Thought Through the Works of Rav Yitzchak Hutner, ZT"L, with Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold, Rosh Kollel, Sundays at 8:00 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 825 0731 6850, Passcode: 1216613. For more information, contact Rabbi Moshe Chaim Blate at 404-273-3392.
Dirshu – Please join Dirshu, currently learning Bava Metzia. Shiur options at YGW: Monday – Friday, 5:45 AM (R. Reingold) or Monday – Thursday, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (R. Cortell/R. Werner), about 2.5 Daf covered each week.
TGN Program: Siddur Class – In-Depth Analysis of the Siddur with Mrs. Esther Dziadek, Wednesday mornings, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, on Zoom B. For more information call 301-732-1773 or email email@example.com
Newly married? Growing family? Just need a budget check-up? IZUN is a community resource that provides free and confidential coaching to help you examine your budget and achieve financial stability. Go to https://getizun.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daf Yomi Shiur currently meets online weekdays via a WebEx video conference. Anyone interested may email Judd Lifschitz at email@example.com to be added to the invite list. Sunday 8:30 AM, Monday – Thursday 9:00 PM. Shabbos in-person, 1-1/2 hours before the latest YISE Mincha in the Yeshiva.
Daily Halacha Program from Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold – Receive one every day in your inbox. Visit dvarhalacha.com and click "Sign Up."
Silver Spring Gemachim – For a complete list: www.gemachexchange.com
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, April 5 – Erev Pesach
Thursday, April 6 – Pesach
Friday, April 7 – Pesach
Halachic Times: Latest Alos Hashachar 5:30 AM, Earliest Talis and Tefilin: 5:59 AM, Latest Netz: 6:52 AM, Latest Krias Shema: 9:56 AM, Earliest Mincha: 1:44 PM, Earliest Shkia: 7:32 PM, Latest Tzeis Hacochavim 8:20 PM
Shabbos after Pesach
April 14 – 15, 2023 – 24 Nissan 5783
Parshas Shemini/Mevorchim Hachodesh
* Light Candles by 7:26, and not before 6:21
* Mincha: 6:05 (Plag, B), 6:30 (B), 7:30 (B), 7:15 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:00 (B), 7:25 (B), 7:20 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends/Maariv: 8:27
Next Shabbos Shorts Deadline: Monday, April 3, at 12 Noon
There will not be a Shabbos Shorts on Chol Hamoed Pesach.
Submit items for the Shabbos Shorts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 301-593-4465 Office Fax: 301-593-2330
Eruv line: 301-593-5561 Email: email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday/Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Closed Thursday/Friday
Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum Yale Ginsburg – President
Rabbi Yosef Postelnek – Asst. Rabbi Simi Franco – Office Manager