Parshas Tetzaveh/Zachor – March 3 – 4, 2023
Download the Shabbos Shorts [PDF]
Sign up to get the Shabbos Shorts emailed to you each week
Young Israel Shomrai Emunah -Shabbos Shorts
March 3 – 4, 2023 – 11 Adar 5783 – Parshas Tetzaveh/Zachor
Light Candles by 5:44 – Havdalah 6:44
The Shabbos Shorts is sponsored by the Hyatt and Hes Families in memory of Rabbi David Hyatt, Harav Dovid Mayer Ben Harav Yehuda, ZT"L, on his first Yahrzeit on the 5th of Adar,
and by Janette and Jerry Rapp to commemorate the Yahrzeit of Jerry's father, Fred Rapp, Moshe Shraga Ben Yaakov, Z"L, on 12 Adar.
* Leor & Avi Baldinger on the Bat Mitzvah of their daughter Nava. Mazal Tov to Nava's sisters, Temima and Ariella, grandparents, Esther & Alan Baldinger and Cori & Rabbi Brett Oxman, and all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins.
* Debby & Rabbi Barry Greengart on the birth of a great-granddaughter born to their grandchildren Yehudis & Nossy Berlin in Lakewood, NJ. Mazal Tov to the new grandparents, Benjy & Chavi Markowitz. and to all of the new aunts and uncles and the entire family.
* Lew Sosnowik on the Bat Mitzvah of his great-granddaughter, Leah Miriam Haar, daughter of Dora Chana & Josh Haar of Oceanside, NY.
* Alan Baldinger on the passing of his mother, Edith Baldinger.
* People experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or other transmissible illnesses should not attend prayer, learning, social or other events at the Shul.
* If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please follow CDC guidelines before returning to Shul.
Minyan locations are B = Belonofsky Sanctuary, S = Social Hall, LBM = Large Beis Medrash, SBM = Small Beis Medrash, H = The House
* Light Candles by 5:44
* Mincha: 5:45 (B), 5:40 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen, H)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:20 (B), 5:40(Sephardi, LBM)
Parshas Zachor will be read at the 5:20 Mincha in the Belonofsky Sanctuary. The other Mincha Minyanim will not read Parshas Zachor.
* Shabbos ends: 6:44
* 8:45 Main Minyan Rabbi Rosenbaum
* 9:15 Minyan Rabbi Postelnek
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur Rabbi Rosenbaum
* Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura Rabbi Postelnek
Kiddush/Shalosh Seudos Sponsors:
* The Hashkamah Minyan Kiddush is sponsored by Yekhiel Weill to commemorate the Yahrzeit of his father, Rabbi Avigdor Weill, Harav Avigdor Ben Eliezer Chanoch, A"H, and by Michael Zatman to commemorate the Yahrzeits of his grandmother, Rae Zatman, Raisha Golda Bat Shemaryahu Yitzchak, Z"L; grandfather, Max Halpern, Mordechai Ben Moshe, Z"L; and great-grandfather, Benjamin Lewis, Shemaryahu Yitzchak Ben Simcha Arye, Z"L.
* The Shul Kiddush is sponsored by the Shul Kiddush Group.
* The Sephardic Minyan Kiddush is sponsored by the Franco Family to commemorate the upcoming Yahrzeits of their mother, Luna Franco, Luna Bat Sara, and their grandfather, Samuel Franco, Shmuel Ben Aharon.
* The Shalosh Seudos is sponsored by the Talmidim of Rabbi Hyatt's Shabbos Gemara Shiur to commemorate his first Yahrzeit.
YISE Youth Announcements
Teen Minyan – The Teen Minyan, led by Rabbi Moshe Holzer, meets at 9:15 AM every Shabbos in The House next to the Shul. Kiddush is served after Davening.
Shabbos Groups this Shabbos, March 4, from 10:00 AM until Shul ends. Age 18-36 months (Mommy & me) in the toddler room off the Lower Lobby. Ages 2-5 years (drop off) in the room behind the balcony. Ages 6-9 years will meet at Shomrai and walk to the Yeshiva. For more information, contact Debbie Katz at email@example.com
Shabbos Group for 5th and 6th Grade Girls will meet inside The House promptly at 10:00 AM.
Junior Congregation for boys in grades 4 – 6 with Jay Marcus. Meet in the Lower Lobby at 9:55 and walk to the Yeshiva at 10:00.
Dor L'Dor – The Family Chevrusah-style Learning in a fun environment! The last session of the season will take place on Motzei Shabbos, March 11, 8:00 PM in the Social Hall. . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sponsor. See flyer for details.
YISE Programs and Listings
Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura – A weekly Chabura on the Parsha, now learning the Kedushas Levi. Delve into the deeper dimensions of the Parsha and Holidays by learning the Kedushas Levi's weekly insights. Begins at 8:55 AM Shabbos morning. This week's Shiur will be led by Rabbi Postelnek.
Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur – Following the Hashkamah Minyan, learning Maseches Sanhedrin, in the Small Beis Medrash. This week's Shiur will be led by Rabbi Rosenbaum.
Seeing the Hand of Hashem in Modern History – Rabbi Rosenbaum will speak on Sunday, March 5, at 8:00 PM in the Belonofsky Sanctuary and on Zoom A. Presented by the Meaningful Tefilah Project. Co-sponsored by KMS. Recordings available at https://wp.yise.org/hand-of-hashem See flyer for details.
Come Join Rabbi Koss's Monthly Jewish History class on Zoom! Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington and the YISE Chesed Committee. Rabbi Koss will be speaking on a topic in Jewish history, Monday, March 6, from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM on Zoom A. For more information, contact Miriam Friedman at email@example.com
Ask the Rabbi – Come join our virtual, interactive monthly program featuring different Halachic topics! This month's topic, Pesach, will take place on Tuesday, March 21, 8:00 PM – 9:30PM on Zoom A. The first hour is for Shailos submitted in advance and the last 30 minutes is for Q&A. For more information, contact Miriam Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org See flyer for details.
Practical Prayer for a Busy Life: A two-part series for women given by Rabbi Postelnek. Recordings available at https://wp.yise.org/practical-prayer
No Matzah – Due to the closing of the Shatzer Matzah factory, YISE will not be selling Matzah this year.
Shomrai Preschool is expanding and seeking lead teachers and assistant teachers for the 2023-2024 school year. Shomrai Preschool offers a collaborative, supportive, and growth-oriented work environment. Candidates should be flexible, nurturing, and enjoy working with young children. To learn more about the positions or program or to apply, please email email@example.com
Good Deeds Day Park Cleanup in the Kemp Mill Park on Sunday, March 26 from 12 Noon – 2:00 PM. Details to follow.
Monthly Shalosh Seudos – To sponsor, contact Simi Franco at 301-593-4465, ext. 103, or firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers are needed to set up and clean up. Contact Ethan Cohen at email@example.com to be part of the rotation. See flyer for details.
Online YISE Cholim List – Go to https://wp.yise.org/cholim to add a name to the list. The list is used at the 8:45 Minyan on Monday, Thursday, and Shabbos. For questions about Mi Sheberach guidelines, contact Rabbi Rosenbaum. For other questions, contact Seth Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Hands Across Kemp Mill, a part of YISE's Chesed Committee, provides assistance to families undergoing medical crises. For information, please contact: Melanie Karlin, 301-681-4740, email@example.com or Miriam Friedman, 301-754-1517, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shiurim from Rabbi Gedaliah Anemer, ZT"L, are available at https://audio.yise.org
Thank you to the Shiurim Sponsors for this Past Week:
Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur
* David Jaray in honor of Rabbi Grossman and all those who attend his Shiur.
Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur
* David Jaray in memory of Rabbi Hyatt, Z"L, and in honor of Rabbi Grauman and all those who attend his Shiur and in memory of parents, Avraham Ben Tzvi HaLevi & Ada Bas Menachem Aryeh, Z"L, and Rabbi Hillel & Mrs. Myrna Klavan, Z"L.
* Margie & Michael Hourwitz in honor of Rabbi Grauman and his Talmidim, in memory of Rabbi Hyatt, ZT"L, in memory of Noach Roitman, Z"L, in memory of Katie Rogoff, Z"L, and in memory of Meir Rudner, Z"L.
Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tehillim/Parsha/Halacha Shiur
* Janet Deneroff in honor of a Refuah Sheleima for her mother, Malka Bas Toiba (Marilyn Dauber).
* Rochelle Dimont & Family in memory of father-in-law, grandfather & greatgrandfather, HaRav Shmuel Elchanan Ben HaRav Binyamin.
* Rochelle Dimont & Family in memory of mother, grandmother & greatgrandmother, Chaya Fayga Bat HaRav Chayim HaLevi.
* Judy & David Marwick in memory of Claire S. Marwick, Chaya Hinda Bat Shmuel, on the occasion of her first Yahrzeit, 7 Adar.
* Judy & David Marwick in honor of Stuart & Judy Rosenthal, Guests of Honor at the Shul's recent banquet.
* Judy & David Marwick in honor of Josh & Sara Katz, who received the Shul's Young Leadership Award.
8:45 AM Shabbos Drasha
* Rabbi & Mrs. Hirsh Chinn in memory of Rabbi Yitzchok Eizik Ben Avrohom Zalman Chinn on the occasion of his 15th Yahrzeit on Taanis Esther.
* Aliza & Gil Chlewicki in memory of Aliza's father, Robert Sacknovitz, Reuvain Ben Shaul Zissel, on the occasion of his 9th Yahrzeit on 13 Adar.
* Rochelle Dimont & Family in memory of father-in-law, grandfather & greatgrandfather, HaRav Shmuel Elchanan Ben HaRav Binyamin, and mother, grandmother & great-grandmother, Chaya Fayga Bat HaRav Chayim HaLevi.
Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary!
Looking for a way to celebrate someone's upcoming birthday or anniversary? For an $18 donation, you can include the name (birthday) or names (anniversary) in this section of the Shabbos Shorts. Please send the following information to email@example.com: Sponsor name, birthday or anniversary date, name (birthday) or names (anniversary). The birthday or anniversary will be listed in the Shabbos Shorts based on the date of the event.
Dvar Torah Dedications/Sponsor a Shiur
YISE continues to offer a number of different in-person and virtual learning options. These options are now available for sponsorship on an individual Shiur or a daily basis.
Sponsoring a Shiur or other Torah learning is a meaningful way to commemorate a Yahrzeit or honor a loved one. Sponsorships are also a great way to celebrate a Simcha or any other milestone, while helping YISE.
1. The following individual Shiurim are available for sponsorship at $18 (per day):
* Daily Morning (Monday through Friday) Tehillim and Parsha Shiur
* Daily Evening (Sunday through Thursday) Tehillim and Halacha Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Sunday Morning Mussar Study Group for Women
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tuesday or Friday Morning Gemara Shiur for Men
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Morning Nach Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Night Navi Shiur for Women
* Rabbi Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sunday Morning
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur, Shabbos Morning
2. Sponsorship of the Morning and Evening Tehillim and Parsha/Halacha Shiurim together is available for $25.
3. The 8:45 and 9:15 Shabbos Drashas are both available for sponsorship at $54 each.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor. Thank you for your support.
Options for in-person and remote learning are listed below. For the latest list and times, go to: https://wp.yise.org/remote-learning-schedule/
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Mussar Study Group for Women (spiritual self-improvement), Sundays at 9:30 AM, Zoom A.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim, followed by a 15-minute Halacha Shiur. Sunday through Thursday, 7:30 PM, Zoom A, will not take place on Monday, March 6, or on Tuesday, March 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim followed by a 15-minute Shiur on the Parsha. Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM, Zoom A, will not take place on Tuesday, March 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Gemara Shiur for Men, Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:00 AM, Zoom A, will not take place on Tuesday, March 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Nach Shiur, Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, now learning Mishlei, Zoom A.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Women's Navi Shiur, now learning Sefer Shmuel, Wednesdays at 8:00 PM, Zoom A.
* GWCK Sunday Kollel Brunch and Learn for Men – Sunday mornings, 9:30 AM breakfast, 9:45 AM, will not take place on Sunday, March 5.
* Rabbi Tuvia Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt's Gemara Shiur, Sundays at 10:00 AM, Zoom C.
* GWCK presents CLAS (Community Learning at Shomrai) – 8:15 PM – 9:15 PM. For more info., contact Rabbi Hillel Shaps, email@example.com 347-869-9361.
* For Men:
* Mondays: Rabbi Hillel Shaps – On the Same Page Gemara, will not take place on Monday, March 6.
* Wednesdays: Rabbi Yitzhak Grossman – Reading Responsa – Zoom E.
* Thursdays: Rabbi Avraham Sussman – Yesodei Hatorah Gemara Skills Building – Zoom F.
* For Women:
* Mondays: Mrs. Sara Malka Winter – Parsha Journeys – Zoom D, will resume on Monday, March 13.
* SCP (Semichas Chaver Program) – Tuesdays at 8:45 PM at YISE, will not take place on Tuesday, March 7.
* Rabbi Yehoshua Levy's Gemara Shiur, Masechet Chulin, Sunday through Friday, 6:35 AM – 7:22 AM, in the Franco Beit Midrash.
* Chavrusa Learning – Monday nights in the Social Hall, 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM, will not take place on Monday, March 6. For more information, contact Rabbi Levy at 240-423-8810.
* The Golden Network Presents: Rabbi Barry Greengart's Shiurim for men & women, Mondays at 8:45 AM, studying Parashas Hashavua, Zoom B.
* Rabbi Yitzchak Scher's Shiur for Men and Women, Tuesdays, 1:30 PM, "A Second Look – Stories in the Torah from a Deeper Perspective", in-person in the Small Beis Medrash and on Zoom G.
* Rabbi Moshe Arzouan's Advanced Gemara Shiur for Men, learning Maseches Bava Metzia, Daf 3a. Wednesday evenings at 8:00 PM on Zoom H.
Connection Details: Go to https://zoom.us/join/ and enter the meeting ID, or call 301-715-8592 or 929-205-6099 and enter the meeting ID & password:
Zoom A: ID: 416 963 9000, password 492019
Zoom B: ID: 970 1398 4837, password 613
Zoom C: ID: 833 3477 1595, password RabbiHyatt
Zoom D: ID: 601 853 4021, passcode Winter (phone 667362)
Zoom E: ID: 746 455 2195, password Learn
Zoom F: ID: 803 356 4156, password Learn
Zoom G: ID: 713 7408 5130, password 045079
Zoom H: ID: 849 3898 4989, passcode 161699
Purim – YISE and Beyond
Purim Schedule at YISE:
Taanis Esther – Monday, March 6:
* Fast Begins – 5:14
* Earliest Talis/Tefilin – 5:42
* Shacharis – 6:15 (S), 6:30 (B), 8:45 (B), 7:30 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Mincha – 1:00 (B), 5:30 (B), 5:35 (Sephardi, LBM followed by Maariv and Megillah)
* Maariv/Megillah – 6:35 (B, S – Family Friendly)
* Fast Ends – 6:46
* Megillah Only – 9:30
Purim – Tuesday, March 7:
* Shacharis – 6:10 (S), 6:30 (B), 7:30 (S), 8:30 (B), 7:30 (Sephardi, LBM, Megillah ~ 8:20)
* Megillah Only – 11:00 (S – Family Friendly)
* Mincha – 1:00 (B), 4:30 (B), 1:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Megillah Only – 1:30 (B)
* Maariv – 7:15 (B), 8:30 (B)
Seeing the Bigger Picture: A pre-Purim Melava Malka & Shiur for men with Rabbi Postelnek. Motzai Shabbos, March 4, 8:45 PM, at the home of Rami & Arly Mandelbaum, 1008 Kersey Road. See flyer for details.
Purimfest 2023 at YISE! Sunday March 5 at 1:00 PM. We will have a Chesed project and a show by Mad Science, and delicious Hamentaschen will be served! Costumes encouraged! See flyer for details.
Family Friendly Megillah Readings – Purim night, 6:35 PM in the Social Hall and Purim morning, 11:00 AM in the Social Hall. Free Babysitting with reservation during Megillah reading – email JMarcus@yise.org ASAP to reserve your spot. See flyer for details.
Purim Mesiba at YISE – Monday, March 6, Maariv/Megillah at 6:35 PM will be followed by a Break-Fast Dinner (dairy) and Purim Mesiba in the Social Hall. DJ, crafts, drinks, photo booth and more! To sponsor, go to www.yise.org/purimsponsor or email firstname.lastname@example.org See flyer for details.
Purim Tish – Please join Rabbi Hirsh Chinn for a Purim Tish with Divrei Torah and singing in the YISE Social Hall on Tuesday evening from 6:45 PM until Maariv at 8:30 PM. See flyer for details.
YISE Charity Fund Matanos L'Evyonim contributions can be dropped off at the YISE office until 3:00 pm on Monday, March 6 (Taanis Esther), given in person to Rabbi Rosenbaum through Purim night Megillah reading, or brought to Shul for the 6:35 pm Maariv and Megillah readings. Checks should be made out to YISE Charity Fund.
Franco Foundation Matanot La'evyonim – The Franco Foundation helps Jewish individuals and families in our neighborhoods meet basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter. Your entire donation goes directly to meeting needs for financial assistance from our local Jewish communities and will be distributed on Purim. Send your generous tax-deductible contribution, earmarked Purim, to: Franco Foundation c/o Allan Franco, 613 Bromley Street, Silver Spring, MD 20902 or donate through PayPal https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=XGR4MC99NG2RW Thank you for your support. Contact Allan at email@example.com with any questions.
Yad Yehuda Matanot L'Evyonim – Donate now and Yad Yehuda will distribute on Purim to those in need across the Greater Washington area. To donate, please visit www.yadyehuda.org/matonot-levyonim Yad Yehuda of Greater Washington is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Tizku L'mitzvos!
Annual Purim Shiur on the occasion of the 22nd Yahrzeit of Jane Axelrod, Raizel Bas Simcha, will take place on Purim, Tuesday, March 7, promptly at 10:30 AM on Zoom,Meeting ID 684 6828 415, Password: 613613 The shiur ends by 11:00 AM.
Amit Purim Cards – Amit is selling beautiful Purim cards at $3 each. Please call Esther Edeson at 301-593-1468 or 301- 593-4465 Ext. 101.
Rose & Bernard Singer Megilla Reading Program – If you can read the Megilla for others or if you need someone to read for you, contact Saul Singer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-593-1193 as soon as possible. Please do not wait for the last minute!
Purim Food Drive – Please donate food to the Capital Kosher Pantry's Purim Food Drive. Suggested foods, drop off locations and acceptable Kashrut symbols are listed in the flyer. If you choose to drop off or ship food to the Pantry, please note our new address: 9601 Colesville Road Silver Spring, MD 20901. Thank you and Tizku L'mitzvos!
Community Programs & Listings
Condolences to former YISE member Dr. Jules Cahan on the passing of his wife, Phyllis Cahan, and to Elyssa Aftel, Elliott Cahan, Benny Cahan and Mitch Cahan on the passing of their mother. Elyssa and Elliott will observe Shiva at Rechov Reuven 89 in Beit Shemesh through Wednesday morning, except on Sunday. Benny and Mitch will observe Shiva in Petach Tikva at Rechov Nir 11. On Sunday everyone will be together in Petach Tikva. Elyssa can be reached Sunday afternoon 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (EST) at 972-054-228-7120 or 862-343-6267, or use Whatsapp on the Israeli number to arrange a time. A Siyum Mishnayos has been organized in memory of Freydel Bas Mordechai Halevi, for 9 Nisan, March 31. Sign up at http://hadranalach.com/2707
Kidney Donation Needed – Mr. Gerry Segelman, father of Micah Segelman, is in need of a kidney transplant. If you would consider being a kidney donor, please contact Rabbi Chaim Steinmetza at Renewal for more information at email@example.com or 718-431-9831 ext 209.
The Chevra Kadisha of Greater Washington is comprised of volunteers from all of the Orthodox communities in the area. In a typical year, we perform more than 400 Taharos. Our volunteer roster has been depleted due to age, Aliyah, and at-risk health situations. Volunteers are needed so that we can continue to provide Taharot to the Jewish community. To join the Men's Chevra, call Dean Grayson at (301) 908-2645. To join the Women's Chevra, call Devorah Grayson at (202) 438-7060. You may also visit our website at: www.chevrakadishagw.org and select "Join the Chevra Kadisha" Israeli Folk Dancing for Women – Wednesday at KMS. Beginners – 7:45 PM – 8:45 PM, Advanced Beginners/Intermediate – 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Fee: $5. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rays of Wisdom – Life Lessons From Pirkei Avos – Greater Washington Community Kollel invites women of the community to a weekday morning text-based Chaburah led by Mrs. Channah Cohen. Mondays at 9:30 AM in Kemp Mill. To be added to a list for information and weekly location, email email@example.com or call 773-219-5397.
Please help our community complete these Siyumim:
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Noah Roitman, Noach Ben Shalom Yaakov, January 4, 23 Tevet -https://www.lzechernishmas.com/signup.php?id=11081
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Natalie Gabai, Nechama Naomi Bat Leib, December 21, 9 Tevet – https://www.lzechernishmas.com/signup.php?id=11044
* Mishnayos for the 1st Yahrzeit of Jerry Snyder, Yehoshua Ben Binyamin, December 21, 9 Tevet – https://hadranalach.com/2612
* Tanach for the 1st Yahrzeit of Marion Baras, Miriam Bas Menachem, January 1, 20 Tevet – http://hadranalach.com/2626
Kemp Mill Toastmasters – Wednesday, March 8, 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM. See what Toastmasters is all about and find out how you can become a more confident communicator. Contact Manasseh Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Zoom meeting ID: 986 546 841, password: 3671
Crisis Diplomacy and the Two-Minute Football Drill – Linda Silverman Kahan memorial lecture and brunch, Sunday, March 26, 10:00 AM at Kemp Mill Synagogue. Featuring guest speaker Ambassador Daniel C. Kurtzer. Couvert $54 per person. To register and for sponsorship information, visit https://www.sulam.org/lkm2023
Alshich on the Parsha with Rabbi Levy – Shabbat afternoon between Mincha and Maariv in the Franco Beit Midrash.
Zoom Shiurim with Rabbi Levy – Monday through Friday on Zoom, Meeting ID: 636 563 5989. Alshich – 9:20 AM – 10:15 AM. Gemara Ribit 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM. Hilchot Lashon Hara 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM.
In G-d We Trust – Exploring the relationship and balance between Relying on G-d/Bitachon & Human Endeavor/Hishtadlus, based on the teachings of 11th century scholar, Rabbeinu Bachya's Treatise on Trust – Shaar Habitachon. Wednesdays, 12:15 PM – 1:00 PM on Zoom, Presented by Rabbi Hillel Shaps. To register, visit https://linksgw.org/classes
YGW Kollel Zichron Amram Machshava – Probing Jewish Thought Through the Works of Rav Yitzchak Hutner, ZT"L, with Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold, Rosh Kollel, Sundays at 8:00 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 825 0731 6850, Passcode: 1216613. For more information, contact Rabbi Moshe Chaim Blate at 404-273-3392.
Dirshu – Please join Dirshu, currently learning Bava Metzia. Shiur options at YGW: Monday – Friday, 5:45 AM (R. Reingold) or Monday – Thursday, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (R. Cortell/R. Werner), about 2.5 Daf covered each week.
TGN Program: Siddur Class – In-Depth Analysis of the Siddur with Mrs. Esther Dziadek, Wednesday mornings, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, on Zoom B. For more information call 301-732-1773 or email email@example.com
Newly married? Growing family? Just need a budget check-up? IZUN is a community resource that provides free and confidential coaching to help you examine your budget and achieve financial stability. Go to https://getizun.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daf Yomi Shiur currently meets online weekdays via a WebEx video conference. Anyone interested may email Judd Lifschitz at email@example.com to be added to the invite list. Sunday 8:30 AM, Monday – Thursday 9:00 PM. Shabbos in-person, 7:30 AM in the YISE Social Hall.
Daily Halacha Program from Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold – Receive one every day in your inbox. Visit dvarhalacha.com and click "Sign Up."
Silver Spring Gemachim – For a complete list: www.gemachexchange.com
The Week Ahead
Monday, March 6 – Taanis Esther
Tuesday, March 7 – Purim
Halachic Times: Latest Alos Hashachar 5:16 AM, Earliest Talis and Tefilin: 5:43 AM, Latest Netz: 6:36 AM, Latest Krias Shema: 9:22 AM, Earliest Mincha: 12:50 PM, Earliest Shkia: 6:04 PM, Latest Tzeis Hacochavim 6:51 PM
March 10 – 11, 2023 – 18 Adar 5783
Parshas Ki Sisa/Parah
* Light Candles by 5:51
* Mincha: 5:55 (B), 5:45 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen, H)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:50 (B), 5:50 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends/Maariv: 6:51
Next Shabbos Shorts Deadline: Wednesday, March 8, at 12 Noon
Submit items for the Shabbos Shorts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 301-593-4465 Office Fax: 301-593-2330
Eruv line: 301-593-5561 Email: email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Tuesday: Closed,
Wednesday/Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM,
Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum Yale Ginsburg – President
Rabbi Yosef Postelnek – Asst. Rabbi Simi Franco – Office Manager