Young Israel Shomrai Emunah – Shofar Shorts
September 23-24, 2022 – 28 Elul 5782 – Parshas Nitzavim, Light Candles by 6:45 – Havdalah 7:42
September 25-27, 2022 – 1-2 Tishrei 5783 – Rosh Hashanah, Light Candles by 6:42 – Havdalah 7:37
The Shabbos Shorts is sponsored by Lois & Sid Meyers on the occasion of their wedding anniversary and by Steve & Audrey Siesser in memory of Steve’s father, Nat Siesser, Nosson Ben Shimshon, Z"L, on the 30th anniversary of his Yahrzeit.
* Tzivia Bramson on the Bat Mitzvah of her great-granddaughter, Ahuva. daughter of Tamar & Rabbi Avi Chaitovsky and granddaughter of Esther & Myron Chaitovsky.
* Tzivia Bramson on the engagement of her grandson Mordechai Waidenbaum to Nechama Tendler. Mazal Tov to the parents, Libby Waidenbaum and Rabbi Akiva & Mrs Tendler and to all of the siblings.
* Esther & David Hornestay on the engagement of their granddaughter, Efrat Klammer, daughter of Shari and Rabbi Stuart Klammer, to Avi Weschler of West Hempstead, NY.
* Arleeta & Rabbi Dr. Ivan Lerner on the birth of a great-granddaughter to their grandchildren Shoshana (Miller) & Shlomo Zalman Kaplan of Yerushalayim. Mazal Tov to grandparents D’vorah & Rabbi Shmuel Miller and Beth & Chaim Kaplan and to great-grandmother Ilene Miller.
* Marisa Roy & David Ratner on the birth of a girl, Leah Channah.
* Marla & Marty Teichman on the birth of three great-grandchildren. A girl to Esther & Meyer Meth and a boy to Elana & Moshe Meth. Mazal Tov to the grandparents, Debra & Reuven Meth. A boy to Shira & Binyomin Schuck. Mazal Tov to the grandparents, Randee & Rabbi Manny Goldberger.
Minyan locations are B = Belonofsky Sanctuary, S = Social Hall, LBM = Large Beis Medrash, SBM = Small Beis Medrash, H = The House
* Light Candles by 6:45, and not before 5:47
* Mincha: 5:30 (Plag, B), 6:45 (B), 6:40 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen, H)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 5:00 (B), 6:45 (B), 6:40 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends: 7:42
* 8:45 Main Minyan Rabbi Rosenbaum
* 9:15 Minyan Rabbi Postelnek
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur Rabbi Rosenbaum
* Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura Rabbi Postelnek
* Shiur after Mincha Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold
There are no kiddushes this Shabbos.
* Any person eligible for a fully FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine (16 years of age or older), but who chooses to not be vaccinated may attend YISE Minyanim and events with the following guidelines. Unvaccinated individuals must remain masked at all times while in the Shul building, including at Kiddushes and/or other events containing food. Masks may not be removed to eat or drink. Exceptions will be made for private functions being held at the Shul, but that are not Shul sponsored events.
* Anyone with any of the following symptoms should not come to shul: fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, chills, muscle aches, sore throat, severe cough, headache, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, or new loss of sense of taste or smell. If you have tested positive for COVID, you should follow the CDC guidelines.
* Masks are now optional for vaccinated adults and for children under 16.
* There are no social distancing requirements in the YISE building.
* The Shul office is still open, but hours may vary.
Let us Daven to Hashem to keep all of us in good health and to return our lives to normal as soon as possible. In protecting each other as we navigate this unfolding situation, may we grow stronger as individuals and as a community.
YISE Youth Announcements
Teen Minyan – The Teen Minyan, led by Rabbi Moshe Holzer, meets at 9:15 AM every Shabbos in The House next to the Shul. Kiddush is served after davening.
Shabbos Groups this Shabbos, September 24, from 10:00 AM until Shul ends. Age 18-36 months (Mommy & me) in the toddler room off the Lower Lobby. Ages 2-5 years (drop off) in the room behind the balcony. Ages 6-9 years will meet at Shomrai and walk over to the Yeshiva. For more information, contact Debbie Katz at at email@example.com
Shabbos Group for 5th and 6th Grade Girls will gather in the front yard of The House next to the Shul promptly at 10 am and go inside together. See flyer for details.
Junion Congregation – Junior Congregation for boys in grades 4 – 6 with Jay Marcus Meet in the Lower Lobby at 9:55 and walk to the Yeshiva at 10:00.
Calling All Rising 5th and 6th Grade Boys!! Rabbi Rosenbaum is learning weekly with rising 5th and 6th grade boys one hour before Mincha in the YISE Social Hall. Bring your hard questions! Refreshments will be served. The Shiur will resume on October 8.
Simchas Torah Schmooze and Ice Cream with Rebbetzin Aliza Postelnek for middle school girls on Simchas Torah morning, 10:35 AM – 11:15 AM at The House. See flyer for details.
YISE Programs and Listings
Help Needed Motzei Shabbos after Maariv to move Chumashim and Machzorim in preparation for Rosh Hashanah.
Pre-9:15 Minyan Chabura – A weekly Chabura in the Nesivos Shalom on the Parsha. Delve into the deeper dimensions of the Parsha and Holidays by learning theNesivos Shalom’s weekly insights. Begins at 8:55 AM Shabbos morning. The Shiurwill be given by Rabbi Postelnek this Shabbos.
Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur – Rabbi Rosenbaum will give the Gemara Shiur after the Hashkamah Minyan, learning Maseches Sanhedrin, in the Small Beis Medrash.
Lulavim & Esrogim – Order online at www.yise.org/lulav Deadline September 25. See flyer for details.
Pruzbul – Rabbi Rosenbaum is organizing Bais Din sessions for people to arrange a Pruzbul, the document which allows someone to collect loans that were due after Rosh Hashanah this year. Sessions are scheduled for Sunday, September 25 (Erev Rosh Hashanah) after the 7:00 and 8:00 Minyanim. Those unable to attend this session should please consult the Cyberbrief for a document that can be sent to the Bais Din.
Lessons from the Life and Death of Elisha Ben Avuyah, a Sage Turned Heretic – A two-part series by Rabbi Postelnek. Recordings available at https://wp.yise.org/elishabenavuya
Come Join Rabbi Koss's Monthly Jewish History class on Zoom! Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington and the YISE Chesed Committee: Rabbi Koss will be speaking on a topic in Jewish history, Monday, October 3, from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM on Zoom A. For more info., contact Miriam Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Living Shabbos – Join YISE young professionals for a series on the laws of Shabbos with Rabbi Postelnek. Tuesdays, 8:15 PM – 9:00 PM, at the home of David & Tamara Goodman, 11611 Kemp Mill Road. For questions or to join the WhatsApp group contact Rabbi Postelnek at email@example.com Recordings available at https://wp.yise.org/living-shabbos The Shiur will resume after Sukkos, on Tuesday, October 25.
Kristallnacht Commemoration Program – Featuring Ruth Zimbler, presented by YISE and KMS on Sunday, October 30, 7:30 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 655 813 1022, Passcode: 365636. See flyer for details.
Bug Checking Seminar – Hands-on presentation with Rabbi Sholom Tendler of the Star-K. Sunday, November 6, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM in the Social Hall and on Zoom A. Open to men and women. Co-sponsored by YISE, KMS, and Ohr HaTorah. For more info, please contact Miriam Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org See flyer for details.
Online YISE Cholim List – Go to https://wp.yise.org/cholim to add a name to the list. The list is used at the 8:45 Minyan on Monday, Thursday, and Shabbos. If you have questions about Mi Sheberach guidelines, contact Rabbi Rosenbaum. For other questions contact Seth Katz at email@example.com
Kiddush Volunteers Needed from ALL Minyanim to help set up and clean up for Kiddushes on Shabbos morning. Times vary. Let us know when you are available. Contact Barbara Price at 301-332-8181.
Helping Hands Across Kemp Mill, a part of YISE's Chesed Committee, has a current need at this time. Please sign up to volunteer if you can. For more information or if you need help signing up, please contact: Melanie Karlin, 301-681-4740, firstname.lastname@example.org or Miriam Friedman, 301-754-1517, email@example.com
Shiurim from Rabbi Gedaliah Anemer, ZT"L, are available at http://audio.yise.org
Rosh Hashanah Schedule
Sunday Night, September 25:
* Light Candles by 6:42
* Mincha: 6:45 (B, S), 6:30 (Sephardi, LBM)
Monday, September 26:
* Shacharis: 7:30 (B, S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shofar – Ashkenazi: 10:00
* Mincha followed by Tashlich: 6:00 (B, S), 6:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Light Candles/Kiddush after 7:39
On the second night of Rosh Hashanah, items may not be brought from home to somewhere else, nor may any other acts of preparations be made for the second night before 7:39.
Tuesday, September 27:
* Shacharis: 7:30 (B, S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shofar – Ashkenazi: 10:00
* Mincha: 6:35 (B, S), 6:35 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shiur after Mincha Rabbi Postelnek
* Maariv/Yom Tov ends: 7:37
Shofar will be blown again on Monday & Tuesday outside The House at 4:45 PM. In the case of rain, the Shofar will be blown in the Belonofsky Sanctuary.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum’s Shabbos Shuvah Drasha will take place next Shabbos at 6:25 PM in the Belonofsky Sanctuary.
* Annual Teshuva Drasha with Rabbi Yissocher Frand will take place on Monday, October 3, at 8:30 PM in the Belonofsky Sanctuary. This year’s Drasha is dedicated in memory of Rabbi Joseph Friedman Z"L, the founder of this event 20 years ago. See flyer for details.
* Yad Yehuda Yamim Nora’im Appeal – Yad Yehuda plans to spend over $90,000 to feed hundreds of individuals in need across our community on Shabbat and Yom Tov between Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot, and provide Lulav & Esrog sets as needed. These expenditures are beyond the assistance we provide recipient households each month. You can help bring Simchas Yom Tov to your neighbors by donating generously at www.yadyehuda.org
* Franco Foundation Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur Appeal – The Franco Foundation reaches individuals and families in our community unable to make ends meet. Over the years, and entirely with our local community’s support, the Foundation has provided a safety net to cover their basic needs. The Foundation absorbs all administrative expenses, so your entire contribution goes to those in need. Please send your tax-deductible donation today to: The Franco Foundation, c/o Allan Franco, 613 Bromley Street, Silver Spring, MD 20902 or through PayPal, at firstname.lastname@example.org Tax ID: 52-2172267. You can also email Allan at email@example.com
* Yom Tov Food Drive – Please contribute food to the Capital Kosher Pantry’s Pre-Rosh Hashanah Food Drive. Suggested items include honey bears, grape juice, soup mix, gefilte fish, pareve chocolate chips, canned olives, Yahrzeit candles, Shabbos candles, tea lights and Havdalah candles. Drop off at Shalom Kosher, Moti’s Market, KMS, YISE or at the Capital Kosher Pantry, 1910 University Blvd. W., Silver Spring, MD 20902
Kemp Mill Outdoor Shofar Blowing
The Shofar will be sounded at the following outdoor locations of each day of Rosh Hashanah, Monday, September 26 and Tuesday, September 27:
Chabad of Silver Spring, 519 Lamberton Dr. 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
KMS, 11910 Kemp Mill Road 6:10
YISE, 1132 Arcola Avenue, The House 4:45
Cosgrave Court 4:00
Spring Mill MCPS Building, corner of Kemp Mill Rd. and Fulham St. 5:00
University Towers (grass field by pool, Warwick side) 5:00
* As endorsed by area Rabbis, 30 Shofar blasts will be sounded.
* In case of rain: Shofar blowing at Chabad and KMS will occur as scheduled in their tents. Shofar blowing at YISE will move inside. Shofar blowing at Cosgrave Court, Spring Mill School, and University Towers will occur in light rain but will be cancelled in case of heavy rain, lightning or strong winds.
Wednesday, September 28
* Fast Begins 5:42
* Early Mincha: 1:30 (B)
* Mincha: 6:20 (B), 6:20 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Maariv: 7:10 (B)
* Fast Ends 7:35
Thank you to the Shiurim Sponsors for this Past Week:
Rabbi Hyatt’s Gemara Shiur
* David & Esther Hornestay in memory of Rebbetzin Myrna Klavan, Z"L.
* David Jaray in memory of Rabbi Hyatt, Z"L, and in honor of Rabbi Grauman and all those who attend his Shiur.
Rosh Hashana First Day Drasha
* Jean Herskowitz to commemorate the Yahrzeit of her father, Chaim Avraham ben Ephraim Fischel, on the 14th of Tishrei.
Rosh Hashana Second Day Drasha
* Jean Herskowitz to commemorate the Yahrzeit of her father, Chaim Avraham Ben Ephraim Fischel, on the 14th of Tishrei.
Dvar Torah Dedications/
Sponsor a Shiur
During this difficult time, we pray to Hashem that the day that we can all come together again in Tefillah and Torah study in good health arrives speedily. Until that point, YISE continues to offer a number of different remote learning options. These options are now available for sponsorship on an individual Shiur or a daily basis.
Sponsoring a Shiur or other Torah learning is a meaningful way to commemorate a Yahrzeit or honor a loved one. Sponsorships are also a great way to celebrate a Simcha or any other milestone, while helping YISE at a time when many of the Shul's other sources of revenue are not available.
1. The following individual Shiurim are available for sponsorship at $18 (per day):
* Daily Morning (Monday through Friday) Tehillim and Parsha Shiur
* Daily Evening (Sunday through Thursday) Tehillim and Halacha Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Sunday Morning Mussar Study Group for Women
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Tuesday or Friday Morning Gemara Shiur for Men
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Morning Nach Shiur
* Rabbi Rosenbaum's Wednesday Night Navi Shiur for Women
* Rabbi Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt’s Gemara Shiur, Sunday Morning
* Hashkamah Minyan Gemara Shiur, Shabbos Morning
2. Sponsorship of the Morning and Evening Tehillim and Parsha/Halacha Shiurim together is available for $25.
3. The 8:45 and 9:15 Shabbos Drashas are both available for sponsorship at $54 each.
4. Yom Tov Drasha Sponsorships are $72 each.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor. Thank you for your support.
Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary!
Looking for a way to celebrate someone's upcoming birthday or anniversary? For an $18 donation, you can include the name (birthday) or names (anniversary) in this section of the Shabbos Shorts. Please send the following information to email@example.com: Sponsor name, birthday or anniversary date, name (birthday) or names (anniversary). The birthday or anniversary will be listed in the Shabbos Shorts based on the date of the event.
Options for in-person and remote learning are listed below. For the latest list and times, go to: https://wp.yise.org/remote-learning-schedule/
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim followed by a 15- minute Shiur on the Parsha. Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM, Zoom A, will resume on Wednesday, September 28.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum – Daily – one chapter of Tehillim, followed by a 15- minute Halacha Shiur. Sunday through Thursday, 7:45 PM (note new time), Zoom A, will resume on Thursday, September 29.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum’s Mussar Study Group for Women (spiritual selfimprovement), Sundays at 9:30 AM, Zoom A, will resume on Sunday, October 2.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum’s Gemara Shiur for Men, Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:00 AM, Zoom A, will resume on Friday, October 7.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum’s Nach Shiur, Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, now learning Mishlei, Zoom A, will resume on Wednesday, October 26.
* Rabbi Rosenbaum’s Women’s Navi Shiur, now learning Sefer Shmuel, Wednesdays at 8:00 PM, Zoom A, will resume on Wednesday, October 19.
* GWCK Sunday Kollel Brunch and Learn for Men – Sunday mornings, 9:30 AM breakfast, 9:45 AM, will resume on Sunday, October 2. Shiurim:
* Illuminating Inquiries in Halacha – Rabbi Yitzchak Mandel
* Judaism 102: Fundamentals for the Experienced Jew – Rabbi Hillel Shaps
* Navigating Navi: Sefer Yehoshua – Rabbi Yitzhak Grossman
* Parsha Perspectives: An Exploration of Engaging Parsha Topics – Rabbi Menachem Winter
* Rabbi Tuvia Grauman – Rabbi Hyatt’s Gemara Shiur, Sundays at 10:00 AM, Zoom C.
* GWCK presents CLAS (Community Learning at Shomrai) – 8:15 PM – 9:15 PM. For more info., contact Rabbi Hillel Shaps, firstname.lastname@example.org 347-869-9361.
* For Men:
* Mondays: Rabbi Hillel Shaps – On the Same Page Gemara – Zoom D, will not take place on Monday, September 26.
* Wednesdays: Rabbi Yitzhak Grossman – Reading Responsa – Zoom E, will not take place on Wednesday, September 28.
* Thursdays: Rabbi Avraham Sussman – Yesodei Hatorah Gemara Skills Building – Zoom F.
* For Women:
* Mondays: Mrs. Sara Malka Winter, is on summer break.
* SCP (Semichat Chaver Program) – Tuesdays at 8:45 PM. Join the fastest growing Halacha learning program in the world! Now back in person at YISE. Register at gwckollel.org/scp New session will start on Tuesday, November 1.
* Rabbi Yehoshua Levy’s Gemara Shiur, Masechet Chulin, Sunday through Friday, 6:35 AM – 7:20 AM, in the Franco Beit Midrash.
* Chavrusa Learning – Monday nights in the Social Hall, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM, will not take place on Monday, September 26. For more information, contact Rabbi Levy 240-423-8810.
* The Golden Network Presents: Rabbi Barry Greengart’s Shiurim for men & women, Mondays at 9:00 AM, studying Parashas Hashavua, Zoom B, will resume on Monday, October 24.
* Rabbi Yitzchak Scher’s Shiur for Men and Women, Tuesdays, 1:30 PM, "Yamim Noraim and the Parsha", in-person in the Small Beis Medrash and on Zoom G, will not take place on Tuesday, September 27.
* Rabbi Moshe Arzouan’s Advanced Gemara Shiur for Men, learning Maseches Bava Metzia. Wednesday evenings on Zoom, will resume on Wednesday, October 26.
Connection Details: Go to https://zoom.us/join/ and enter the meeting ID, or call 301-715-8592 and enter the meeting ID & password:
Zoom A: ID: 416 963 9000, password 492019
Zoom B: ID: 970 1398 4837, password 613
Zoom C: ID: 833 3477 1595, password RabbiHyatt
Zoom D: ID: 349 754 2180, password Learn
Zoom E: ID: 746 455 2195, password Learn
Zoom F: ID: 803 356 4156, password Learn
Zoom G: ID: 713 7408 5130, password 045079
Rachel Bassan Horowitz Memorial Fund
Rachel Bassan Horwitz, a 32-year-old mother of three small boys, came to the United States from Israel for a hoped-for, life-saving transplant. However, Rachel passed away in February 1994. She grew up in Silver Spring and the community set up a fund in her memory to be used to help individuals with MEDICAL needs. We have distributed thousands and thousands of dollars to individuals living in our area as well as in communities in both the US and Israel requiring financial assistance with medical needs. Our funds are depleting and in order for us to continue this much needed Medical Needs Fund, we need your financial assistance. We hope we can count on you. Your support is critical.
Tax deductible contributions may be made payable to Young Israel Shomrai Emunah (YISE) Charity SPECIAL Fund, mark for Bassan Fund. Send to: Howard Schulman, 707 Lamberton Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20902. For further information, call Howard Schulman at 301-213-2429. Norma Burdett and Pearl Bassan may also answer some questions about the Bassan Fund.
Community Programs & Listings
Erev Yom Tov Mikvah for Men – The Mikvah Emunah Society of Greater Washington is pleased to offer use of the Wallerstein Mikvah in Kemp Mill to men, on Erev Rosh Hashanah and Erev Yom Kippur, 7:30 AM – 2:00 PM. Volunteers are needed as well. Please see https://mikvahemunah.com/men for all the info. To volunteer, contact Howie Schulman at 301-213- 2429 (call or text) or email email@example.com
Kidney Donation Needed – Mr. Gerry Segelman, father of Micah Segelman, is in need of a kidney transplant. If you would consider being a kidney donor, please contact Rabbi Chaim Steinmetz at Renewal for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-431-9831 ext 209.
Sukkah Building – The YGW Boys' senior class of 2023 is building and taking down Sukkahs to raise money for their Israel trip. For times and prices, contact email@example.com or text (240)-381-1802.
Repair the Sea – Every year, approximately six million tons of human-made trash enter the water, posing health and safety hazards to the animals that call the sea their home. Marine debris is a blatant violation of the fundamental Jewish ethical principle Bal Tashchit. Repair the Sea organizes a local clean-up on the Sunday between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Visit https://www.repairthesea.org/rt2022 Select Register as Participant Select Maryland – Silver Spring – One Ocean Scuba to be added to our team. October 2, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM at Arcola Local Park 11501 Channing Drive.
Kemp Mill Toastmasters – Wednesday, October 19, 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM. See what Toastmasters is all about and find out how you can become a more confident communicator. Contact Manasseh Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Zoom meeting ID: 986 546 841, password: 3671
Camp Chaverim Early Bird Registration for 2023 is now open! Lock in your spot today by signing up at chaverimovernight.com
Alshich on the Parsha with Rabbi Levy – Shabbat afternoon between Mincha and Maariv in the Franco Beit Midrash.
Zoom Shiurim with Rabbi Levy – Monday through Friday on Zoom, Meeting ID: 636 563 5989. Alshich – 9:20 AM – 10:15 AM. Gemara Ribit 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM. Hilchot Lashon Hara 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM.
YGW Kollel Zichron Amram Machshava – Probing Jewish Thought Through the Works of Rav Yitzchak Hutner, ZT"L, with Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold, Rosh Kollel, Sundays at 8:00 PM on Zoom, Meeting ID: 825 0731 6850, Passcode: 1216613. For more information, contact Rabbi Moshe Chaim Blate at 404-273-3392.
Dirshu – Please join Dirshu, which began Bava Metzia on December 20. Shiur options at YGW: Monday – Friday, 5:45 AM (R. Reingold) or Monday – Thursday, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (R. Cortell/R. Werner). About 2.5 Daf covered each week.
TGN Program: Siddur Class – In-Depth Analysis of the Siddur with Mrs. Esther Dziadek, Wednesday mornings, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, on Zoom B. For more information call 301-732-1773 or email email@example.com The class will resume on Wednesday, November 30.
Help our Senior Neighbors – What if you had to give up your car keys and depend on someone else to get you where you needed to go? This is happening to more and more of our senior neighbors. Consider volunteering with the Senior Connection to drive seniors to medical appointments, shopping, etc. Training and liability coverage are provided, and you can set your own volunteering schedule. COVID-19 precautions are followed for the health of drivers and riders. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 301-962-0820 or visit www.seniorconnectionmc.org for more info.
Newly married? Growing family? Just need a budget check-up? IZUN is a community resource that provides free and confidential coaching to help you examine your budget and achieve financial stability. Go to https://getizun.org or email us at email@example.com
Daf Yomi Shiur currently meets online weekdays via a WebEx video conference. There is still room for a few more participants. Anyone interested may email Judd Lifschitz at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the invite list. Sunday 8:30 AM, Monday – Thursday 9:00 PM. Shabbos in-person 1-1/2 hours before the main YISE Mincha, at the Yeshiva.
Daily Halacha Program from Rabbi Eliyahu Reingold – Receive one every day in your inbox. Visit dvarhalacha.com and click "Sign Up."
Silver Spring Gemachim – For a complete list: www.gemachexchange.com
The Week Ahead
Sunday, Sept. 25 – Erev Rosh Hashanah
Monday, September 26 and Tuesday, September 27 – Rosh Hashanah
Wednesday, Sept. 28 – Tzom Gedaliah
Halachic Times: Latest Alos Hashachar 5:45 AM, Earliest Talis and Tefilin: 6:12 AM, Latest Netz: 7:05 AM, Latest Krias Shema: 9:59 AM, Earliest Mincha: 1:30 PM, Earliest Shkia: 6:50 PM, Latest Tzeis Hacochavim 7:40 PM
September 30 – October 1, 2022 – 6 Tishrei 5783
Parshas Vayeilech/Shabbos Shuvah
* Light Candles by 6:34
* Mincha: 6:35 (B), 6:30 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shacharis: 7:00 (B), 8:45 (B), 9:15 (S), 8:00 (Sephardi, LBM), 9:15 (Teen, H)
* Mincha: 2:30 (B), 6:00 (B), 5:55 (Sephardi, LBM)
* Shabbos ends/Maariv: 7:31
Next Shabbos Shorts Deadline: Wednesday, September 28 at 12 Noon
Submit items for the Shabbos Shorts to: email@example.com
Office Phone: 301-593-4465 Office Fax: 301-593-2330
Eruv line: 301-593-5561 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday/Tuesday – Closed – Rosh Hashanah
Wednesday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM,
Friday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum Yale Ginsburg – President
Rabbi Yosef Postelnek – Asst. Rabbi Simi Franco – Office Manager