Executive Director Position Specification
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and integrating the human resources, risk management, finance and accounting, facilities, and information technology functions and operations of Young Israel Shomrai Emunah (YISE). The Executive Director will report to the President of the Congregation and/or his designated advisory committee.
The Executive Director will:
- Build relationships inside YISE and strategic third-parties including commercial and not-for-profit partners organizations.
- Develop the members on the team and enhance organizational culture.
- Design and implement strategic plans and budgets under the aegis and direction of the President and Board of Directors.
- Improve, automate, and integrate the business and programmatic operational processes of the Shul and the Preschool to obtain maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage multiple priorities including organizational goals and crisis situations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, process, and staff to enhance quality and performance, lower costs, and grow the organization.
- Oversee all financial systems and processes.
- Oversee all human resources systems and processes, including but not limited to legal issues (EEO, FMLA, etc.), systems, development and implementation of HR policies; design and implementation of compensation and benefits programs; stay abreast of emerging areas of/ changes to HR so YISE remains compliant with all rules and regulations.
- Oversee risk management and quality assurance.
- Oversee IT to ensure that YISE systems operate with an appropriate balance of speed, simplicity, security, uptime, and cost.
- Oversee facilities management, ensuring facilities are properly maintained, safe, and clean.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Five or more years of senior leadership experience with demonstrated results in driving the execution of ambitious strategies
- Track record of building, supporting and facilitating teams, including demonstrated success as an effective coach and mentor to staff
- Deep analytic and problem-solving aptitude, balanced with humanity and the humility to know that he/she does not have all the answers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple aspects of a nonprofit business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages in a professional manner
Please send resumes to email@example.com.