The number of Americans living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia is growing rapidly. The isolation resulting from the pandemic has taken a devastating toll on those suffering from these diseases and also on their caregivers. How can we best cope with the effects of memory loss on us and our loved ones?
We have convened a panel to address:
* Detecting, diagnosing and treating different types of memory loss
* Knowledge and skills that families need as dementia overwhelms relationships
* Services and resources available to provide care at home and outside
* Halachic and spiritual aspects of caregiving
* Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum, Young Israel Shomrai Emunah
* Dr. Lynn Deutsch, geriatric psychiatrist Download presentation (PDF)
* Mary Ann Buckley, Corewood Care Management director Download presentation (PDF)
* Karen Miller, Manager, Kensington Clubs, JCA Download presentation (PDF)
* Debbie W. Sokobin, Caregiver Download presentation (PDF)
Sunday, March 27, 2022
Organized by Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington and Young Israel Shomrai Emunah; co-sponsored by Kemp Mill Synagogue, Silver Spring Jewish Center, Kehilas Ohr HaTorah of Silver Spring, Southeast Hebrew Congregation, and Chabad of Silver Spring.