|Professional & Office Staff|
|Rabbi Dovid Rosenbaum, a product of our community, is the rabbi at YISE. Before assuming this position he was rabbi at Am Hatorah Congregation of Bethesda, Maryland for five years. He is a musmach of the Yeshiva of Greater Washington and holds a BS in accounting from University of Maryland University College. He has been a teacher of Judaic studies at the Yeshiva of Greater Washington since 2000.Email: email@example.com|
|Executive Director: Alan ZimmermanEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookkeeper: Mrs. Simi Franco
Bookkeeper: Sahra Ginsburg
Secretary: Mrs. Esther Edeson
|Officers of the Shul|
|Board of Directors|
|HaRav Gedaliah Anemer z"lRabbi Gedaliah Anemer was born in Akron, Ohio. His early schooling was at Tiferas Yerushalayim in New York, and he attended Telse Yeshiva from 1944 to 1956 where he was a talmid of Rabbi Bloch. He received smicha in 1952 and was Rosh Yeshiva of the Boston Rabbinical Seminary, a joint venture of Lakewood and Telshe Yeshivot, in 1956.Rabbi and Mrs. Anemer came to our congregation from Boston. They arrived as we moved into our first building on Eastern Avenue in Riggs Park, Washington.At that time, the congregation had about thirty paid-up member families and decided to engage this full-time rabbi to coincide with our move in 1957 to our own “permanent” quarters.After a few short years, the demographics of the Riggs Park community threatened the existence of the congregation. We were losing members to other neighborhoods. Under the leadership of Rabbi Anemer, the congregation made a bold decision to create a branch in the suburbs where there was not yet an orthodox congregation. The shul bought land on University Boulevard to build there. When the University Boulevard shul was completed, there were about sixty people davening regularly in their home.It was not long after the University Boulevard building was completed that the congregation outgrew it. We bought a rambler on North Belgrade Road and converted the basement into a place to daven. During this time, we also bought land and built the Arcola facility as the North Belgrade building was quickly outgrown, too – even though we started the Hashkoma minyan to alleviate the crowding at the “nine o’clock” minyan. We moved into the Arcola building in 1974.
In addition to serving the Young Israel Congregation, Rabbi Anemer has served as Rosh HaYeshiva of the Yeshiva of Greater Washington for over a quarter of a century. He is also the Rav Av Bet Din of the Rabbinical Council of Greater Washington.
Rabbi Gedaliah Anemer passed away in April of 2010.